Saturday 9 - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



 From the archives


  1. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?

    To bring me to my friends in England, with the kids.
    I miss them.

    Or to arrange something very nice in a restaurant for all the kids in a seperate room.

  2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

    Pfff... I have been very nice!

  3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?

    I can't, at all.
    In october I broke both ankles. On Halloween I had surgery on the worst one.
    I have spend 6 weeks completely immobile.
    Now I am allowed to try and put weight on that leg.
    Tuns out the foot causes the most problems.
    It's not straight under the leg, and the fluid in it is tremendous and I can't get rid of it.
    No shoe in the house fits even a tiny bit.

    I expected to go on crutches to son 3, but he has to work. So he will visit me.

  4. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If yes, which one traveled the farthest?

    No. I was already happy someone wanted to post some cards I wrote.
    I wanted the send a lot more, but I have to ask for each thing and I feel to be a burden.

  5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

    Yes. Online. Some small items for christmas decoration.
    20 cm circles with a christmas image on it.
    So now one hangs on the inside door and says "Merry christmas" to those who enter.

  6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?

    Gingerbread. I absolutely love gingerbread.
    I have some gngerbread, cookie size, here and I have put them outside reach. 
    As it takes such an effort to get there.... I am not eating them all at once.

  7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.

    The first Noel.
    Allons chez, chez, ches bergere. A french christmassong I learned at high school when Annette, Monica an I sang in the choir.

  8. What's your favorite winter beverage?

    Whiskey and advocaat,
    but in fact I drink water and coffee

  9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

    It was extremely high water, so after visiting son 4 we went to the river and took some photos.
    For the rest? I had to look it up here.

    I don't have nice memories of the past years.
    Mr. J was not a person to create a nice feel, he just didn't care. He did the shopping and even though I asked for certain things for on the table, for dinner, for the kids... he almost ever bought something unless I was extremely cheap on sale.

    Christmasses were about trying not to get a row and to stay calm.
    Not to sink too far in memories of the past, because it would make the feeling of missing my family and friends far too huge and it would make me vulnerable and that would make Mr. J create even more criticism.

    Even though I can't do much now, it feels a lot better.
    I asked for a christmasblanket and got one. red and white with a fluffy backside. I got a large and warm christmas hoodie...dark blue with trees, christmas hats and candy canes.

    For the kids I ordered online a christmas ornament and one of those round plates too. Each with another image. Nothing much, but Mr. J never wanted to give something.

    So this feels a lot better.





.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment