Christmas 2023
We had nothing planned.
In fact I didn't feel like celebrating christmas at all.
I've been writing about that before.
The kids all had their own plans, and after all the problems we used to have with visiting the families on both sides I didn't feel like staying in their way.
So I have spend my first christmasday (we have 2) in my new sweater, on the couch.
Internet was a pain... but I got caught in old emails containing graphics I had on my site. I'm in the middle of putting them on the new graphics site.
My christmaspresent was finding some special graphics, made for me, which are now up for adoption again. Suzanne and some others reading this know what I am talking about.
It was fun finding so many graphics back, but also sad, as so many graphic sites are closed.
Less fun was that the toilet created problems again. It keeps on flushing, so I know where to repair it. But such a thing can be repaired just so many times.
I managed to see some TV programs that are special on christmasday: Strictly, Dr. Who and Call the Midwife.
Call the Midwife is a standard outstanding one.
Dr. Who was not my favorite with the return of David Tennant. I don't like his acting. He acts his acting, and created for me somethig artificial. He just can't convince me.
I liked Peter Capaldi, and Jodie Whitaker, but this new doctor: Ncuti Gatwa, is absolutely my favorite. His natural way of acting makes the series so much stronger. The whole cast of this first episode was top-notch, the story was excellent.
So I was busy all day with some nice things.
Tomorrow we'll visit son 4, who lives in a protected environment, as they call it.
We'll probably see the high water in the river.
-=-=-=-=-=-


I hope you have found some time to just relax and enjoy the holiday season. I never was into the graphics so much, but I am amazed at the ones people can create. Glad that was something you enjoyed. Also, a new sweater is always a nice gift! Whether to oneself or from another, it makes you feel warm and cozy and comfy on a chilly winter day. Here where we live we don't have too many really cold days, but we do have sweater weather and I appreciate a comfy sweater that I can take off quickly when I get too warm! LOL. Have a blessed and beautiful rest of your week and New Years...and I hope a nice visit with you son.
ReplyDelete