Departure sept 2026

 

It was rather convenient to have a few hours in the morning before leaving.

And travelling in the "low" hours is so much easier.

Son 2 brought me to the railwaystation and waited with me.
She had made an appointment with son 4 to meet each other there.

He arrived in the train I was leaving in, and managed to say goodbye and wave me out.
That was fun!





Ater a quiet first part I transferred at a railwaystation I know well.
I like to transfer there.

Before I knew I was in Rotterdam.

I took some time without turning wheels below my feet, just walking around a bit and watching other people.

When I arrived at the gate it had just opened.

At assistance we agreed to use the wheelchair, as it was fine for both of us.

No problems with border control and there I was: waiting...

My foot was hurting, and my left knee... so we had made a wise decision.

Due to border control in Amsterdam the train was delayed.
Personel was discussing it right behind me, so soon we were all involved in a discussion.
My assistant decided to get on the platform anyway, and we had a nice time there, talking about all sorts of things. We both enjoyed it.
I got a compliment about my medical bag. Also because I kept my medication with me all the time. Insulin miht seem to be harmless, but it isn't.

Kindly he took my suitcase into the train.
What a nice guy and great experience.

In the train the people who were sitting in the part with the table, a mom and dad with 3 children, were not happy at all I had to sit with them. It was a reserved seat and all other seats were taken, so...

But it turned out to be a match in heaven!
Ehh... match in Eurostar.

The little boy looked at me shortly several times, curious who I was.
When I asked his name he looked away, shy.
But soon he tried to catch the carrying strap of my medical bag.
His mother told him "no", so I pulled it away.
Said to her I didn't mind, but I wanted to have the same message to him as she gave.

The kids were very quiet, but we had so many delays on our way that the trip took too much time.
They became loud, because they were bored. They hadd nothing to play and not even pencil and paper. Pity I didn't have anything like that with me.

All in all I enjoyed the Eurostar experience again.
It was so nice talking to this people.
In fact I hope to see them again.






When we finally arrived there was no proper food left.
The Libanese restaursnt at the end of the street, who also provides take-away was closed.
Oh...I had so longed for one of their wraps!

Had to ring the bell three times before the hotel owner came upstairs.
He said he wasn't asleep, but I doubt that.

Even though my son has apped him several times about the delays I apologised for being late.
But he didn't mind.
I got room 3.
He took my suitcase, closed the curtains and told me to keep a bit of the window open for healthy sleep.

I took a bit of time to relax, have a coffee, and then went to the supermarket.
He still had a sandwich left with 3 cm of eggs, and I took a large bottle of cooled water.
For just 3 pounds!
He thanked me for buying, I thanked him for still having something to eat.

I was so glad to be in this familiar area again...felt like home.
Like I hadn't been away. Someone even greeted me on the street.
I saw the second hand shop was gone. What a pity!!

In the hotel I ate my sandwich and drank a lot of water





After this busy day it was nice to close the window, not to wake up at every emergency service passing by,
watcha bit of TV, and go to sleep with the soft sounds of the neighbourhood.



.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment