
By now everyone knows the friday morning is mine!
My son left early in the morning with his luggage to meet the people who would do the last preparations for the camp. I gave him part of my things, so I wouldn't need to take too much with me.
And I had a quiet shower, checked out and went to my favorite hotel, where we always meet.
I was greeted with a lot of hugs, and the enthousiastic people of the hotel.
I felt at home immediately.. as always.
As a gift I had a box with cookies.
C. accepted them and put them in het bag. For the weekend out!
As they are rather heavy, I would have brought two.. so we could have coffee with cookies today too... which would have been better. LOL!
One of the other ladies popped in, which I realy appreciated, as she has issues walking.
After we said our goodbyes, because their taxi arrived, I installed myself at the table to wait.
I was supposed to wait until 2, so I was already looking for a lunch.
Then P. let us know he would arrive at the railwaystation an hour early.
As we would be fetched in one go, it was almost time to leave.
Had a talk with one of the ladies of the hotel to say goodbye and with a "see you in apri or may!" I left.
My son left early in the morning with his luggage to meet the people who would do the last preparations for the camp. I gave him part of my things, so I wouldn't need to take too much with me.
And I had a quiet shower, checked out and went to my favorite hotel, where we always meet.
I was greeted with a lot of hugs, and the enthousiastic people of the hotel.
I felt at home immediately.. as always.
As a gift I had a box with cookies.
C. accepted them and put them in het bag. For the weekend out!
As they are rather heavy, I would have brought two.. so we could have coffee with cookies today too... which would have been better. LOL!
One of the other ladies popped in, which I realy appreciated, as she has issues walking.
After we said our goodbyes, because their taxi arrived, I installed myself at the table to wait.
I was supposed to wait until 2, so I was already looking for a lunch.
Then P. let us know he would arrive at the railwaystation an hour early.
As we would be fetched in one go, it was almost time to leave.
Had a talk with one of the ladies of the hotel to say goodbye and with a "see you in apri or may!" I left.
The car was already loaded!!
But there was a small place with the perfect fit for me.
On our way to the campsite we needed to fetch a lot of groceries.
I can't remember where we put them...or did we leave them there? LOL!
Anyway, at a roundabout one of the large boxes landed on me, so I was stuck between bench, door , my own luggage, the large box and a lot of other stuff that had a mind of its own too.
In a time that some people think humanity will de destroyed by AI it gave a different outlook on that future: we can be cushed by parcels too.
At the campsite some had already arrived, some things needed to be done, like setting up the pergolas, but with all those men present it was done in no time, my huge tent was put up, a little bed in it too, and I could open my suitcase to dress in something more wind-resistant.
But there was a small place with the perfect fit for me.
On our way to the campsite we needed to fetch a lot of groceries.
I can't remember where we put them...or did we leave them there? LOL!
Anyway, at a roundabout one of the large boxes landed on me, so I was stuck between bench, door , my own luggage, the large box and a lot of other stuff that had a mind of its own too.
In a time that some people think humanity will de destroyed by AI it gave a different outlook on that future: we can be cushed by parcels too.
At the campsite some had already arrived, some things needed to be done, like setting up the pergolas, but with all those men present it was done in no time, my huge tent was put up, a little bed in it too, and I could open my suitcase to dress in something more wind-resistant.

The guy who had fallen out with me, and later apologized, seemed to avoid a conversation about it all.
But when the food was almost ready he had me taste the sause, which was great!
That sause was supposed to go with rice.
And rice gets my sugar uncontrolably up.
The other choice was spaghetti with another sause.
I took just a bit of sause to find out if I could have it, but it was so delicious that I didn't care anymore and got some more. The guy was happy with that.
He went to bed very early, while we were still talking.
It was very nice, because we were with not as many as other camps.
I was happy I had a loog at the portaloos during the day, so I knew there were loose stones in front of them. Each time I had to take my torch with me to see where I was walking.

But when the food was almost ready he had me taste the sause, which was great!
That sause was supposed to go with rice.
And rice gets my sugar uncontrolably up.
The other choice was spaghetti with another sause.
I took just a bit of sause to find out if I could have it, but it was so delicious that I didn't care anymore and got some more. The guy was happy with that.
He went to bed very early, while we were still talking.
It was very nice, because we were with not as many as other camps.
I was happy I had a loog at the portaloos during the day, so I knew there were loose stones in front of them. Each time I had to take my torch with me to see where I was walking.

As J. couldn't find the sleepingbag he bought for me, and forgot to bring another one, I had to deal with a sleepingbag that was too small.
My son had taken the one L. gave for me, we discovered later.
So I had an extremely cold night.
I was in the compartment nearest to the wind, and as it is an old tent that meant: wind inside.
My son said that was not true...but my compartment took all the wind and he was rather wind free.
All night I was shiverinng, even though I was sleeping in a cardigan and my coat, under an open small sleepingbag and a warm nylon coat. The top kept slipping off.
At time I dozed off.
My son had taken the one L. gave for me, we discovered later.
So I had an extremely cold night.
I was in the compartment nearest to the wind, and as it is an old tent that meant: wind inside.
My son said that was not true...but my compartment took all the wind and he was rather wind free.
All night I was shiverinng, even though I was sleeping in a cardigan and my coat, under an open small sleepingbag and a warm nylon coat. The top kept slipping off.
At time I dozed off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment