And From London to Andover..again.

 



When I woke up I just wanted to take it lazy.
Had a coffee, some crackers I have always with me, and repacked my suitcase.
Looked up the different means to go to Waterloo Station and decided for the bus.

Before leaving had a talk with the owner, as we are getting nice friends.
He was happy to hear I would come back at Remembrance Week with "the little one", my daughter.

Then I started looking for bus 168.
Couldn't find it anywhere.
As the weather was fine I sat down in the park and enjoyed it there, and at the meantime asked AI.
Turned out the busline had been removed and I could take either 1 or 68.
OK. but which side of the road?

When I walked back to the road I saw line 68...so knew where the busstop was!!

The bus was calm. Not many people in there.
The traffic was..OK,..Londonese..LOL!
So I had plenty of time to look around.

When we crossed the bridge it was a pity I had no camera... it was slightly hazy, and on both sides the panorama was amazing.


By the time we had been huzzledd and bustled it started to rain.
I have the habit to leave a bus and train and then step straight forward out of the way of other people.
I landed under an overhang and kept dry! Thank you very much.





Waterloo was still Waterloo.
Huge,
crowded,
people walking criss and cross,
wardens,
no place to sit,
etc etc.

So I walked to the National Windrush Monument, like I always do... someone left the bench, so I had a place to sit and behind me soneone was playing the piano..absolutely wonderful!!!
I felt I was recognising something, so I looked and it was the boy I have seen before in Bridge Station. I remember giving him a compliment for his wonderful play with a personal touch. Wow!!





After another walk around...I was due sitting for hours again...
I came across Jay.
A Dutch "Hallo" and soon we were talking. He was working there for a cancer organisation.
He asked why I wasn't living in England... The first of many this trip.

Time to get my senior card.
Waiting in line I asked a woman about her walking stick seat...
The choice was to use my first baptism name: Elizabeth, as it is also on my passport and there won't be any discussion.

I had to wait 4 minutes, to use a cheaper ticket, and then was assisted through the gate by a very nice guy, who loved a joke.
There was 1 person in the same compartment. Unlike last time when the train was extremely crowded and I had to stand in front of the door, got unwell because it was too hot, all because a friend wanted a walk through the neighbourhood and a meal.

Now I regularly dozed off. 
The surroundings were a clear image of drought. All those brown fields!!






In Basingstoke I just had to walk down the slope and sit on the wall to wait for the bus.
After all the changes there was no need to go through the whole shopping centre and find my way.
The busride was as always: fast, sharp bends, like on the fair...

The driver was amazing. Helped every person who needed a hand before he was asked: handbags, shopping bags, getting an enormous motorized wheelchair at a safe place.

Again I arrived in a drizzle.
Went through the shopping centre and hopped in the Waitrose... sandwiches: 5.75!!!!!
So that was a "no".

At the hotel the same woman worked at the desk as last time.
So nice to see a familiar face!
We talked a bit.
She told we are not allowed to open the windows, because the pidgeons came in and laid eggs everywhere.
I joked that they should advertise the hotel as animal-friendly.

And then she said where my room was: on the second.
I had to swallow a couple of times, then took the medical bag and told her I would be back for my suitcase, but it might take some time.





She just took my suitcase and walked first.
I was so happy!

The room was huge!
After rearranging the chairs, I sat down, had a coffee and took a shower! Yeay!!

As it was almost dinnertime I reached out, but one of my friends was not feeling well at all.

I walked downstairs and went to the "pieshop" and got me a pie.
I couldn't make a choice from the list, so I took the first, so next time I can take the second. LOL!
The girl had a heavy accent, so I had to ask her to repeat her question.... that my ears needed some adjustment.
Soon after we were talking and laughing.
The pie came far too quick!

Up all the stairs I had a quiet evening, watching TV.
Finally some proper relaxation time!!







.
























.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment