No shoe...

 

So after my fall they had me leave the hospital on a bare foot. (We managed to find a surgery cap to put over it.)

So after surgery they had me leave without something to cover the foot, which could be partly seen sticking out of the cast. (I used the urgery cap again.)

After they removed the cast and instructed me not to walk on the foot... they had me leave...yep... on a bare foot. (By that time I had made a crochet sock fitting the large swollen foot.)

Before going to the physiotherapist I tried all the shoes in the house.
I couldn't get in them.
Found one pair of sandals which had straps all oer: the front, the middle the back.
With some adjustments with hair elastics I got my injure foot adorned with a sole.

The physio was far from happy with it. Told me to get hoes with laces. I replied that my foot didn't fit in anything because it was 3 times as large.
No advice... nothing.

I can't buy an expensive extra wide and high shoes for 200 euro and use just one shoe?
And non-equal sized pairs cost the same.

So strange that in other hospitals people get special shoes for the post-operative period, for under the cast, special sandals, and temporary othopedic shoes...

So I contacted the insurance to ask about the temporary orthopedic shoes.
Oh... with a prescription I can get them. No problem. Part if it will be paid by the extra yearly payment we have to cover before the insurance pays. (385 euro on top of the monthly payments of 225 euro.) and part I have to pay myself: 130 euro!!

What???
So getting proper adjusted shoes is just for the rich!!!

I got quite upset!!!

While trying to find a solution I invented all sorts of things. Making an adjusted sole with light weight self drying clay. Finding large patches of leather and sow that on a good sole...etc etc.

And have a look at one of those very cheap iternational shopping sites.

I ordered shoes which will fit afterwards too... Ones with velcro on both sids, opening at the toes... for under 20 euro.
I saw they can be bought in speclaized shops here too for over 50 euro.

Well worth a try.

If they want me to try and walk, I need shoes.
So strange there is no support or advice on that area...



I contacted my podotherapist, because my foot needs support at one side.







.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Wow, what a problem and no one really trying to help you. You'd think there'd be a solution readily available. Surely you're not the only person ever to have this problem! I'm glad you found something that should work, and I hope it does! Like you say in your little "About Syl" above, "Life is a chain of challenges...." Yes, it truly is, and I say we get stronger as we face those challenges and arise to the occasion by not giving up, but pushing forward in spite of the challenges or difficulties. They say "where there's a will, there's a way." I believe that, and I see that you do too.
    BTW, thank you for your very kind comment on my last post. I appreciated your kind words and thoughts so much. It was like an extra little Christmas present to me. Thank you. Have a blessed and wonderful day, and I do hope that velcro show thing will be exactly what you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely. They should have given me a leaflet with a lot of information. I'll make one for them.

      Big hugs.

      Delete