Please vote for a dear friend:
Here:
Make a choice... click the arrow at the right...
Find the person mentioned:
vote!
Lifetime Achievement award : Richard Davies
Rail Ambassador of the Year Award: Richard Davies
Safety Team award: JRRT
Emerging Talent award: Ruby Dempsey
Thank you!!
Saturday 9
This week's tune? Hear it here.
- This week's song was featured in the movie Smokey and the Bandit, the surprise box office hit of 1977. Have you seen it?
No.
Just had a look. - Though not well received by critics, Smokey and the Bandit had one very famous fan: Alfred Hitchcock. The classic film director enjoyed re-watching the movie on video at home, often while having dinner. Do you ever watch TV with your meal?
Yes, especially when I am eating alone. - Jerry Reed not only wrote and performed the movie's theme, he appeared in the movie as truck driver Cledus "Snowman" Snow. Have you ever driven, or ridden in, a big rig?
Had to look that up.
No, not in one of those superlarge things that we hardly see.
But I have had a fun time high above the road... - He sings, "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there." Have you recently felt rushed?
Yes, especially when going to the cardiologist.
Using public transport before appointments is not a pleasant experience. - Director Hal Needham asked Jerry Reed for a song that explained the plot of the movie. He wrote this overnight and always considered it a happy accident. Can you think of a time when something turned out better than you expected?
Last time when I was in England and went too a commemortion service.
Not only met a woman I always see during commemmorations in my country, I was also introduced to one of the top of our army who lives quite nearby... Turned out we shared experiences and a dream, and we had a very good conversation about my work. - Reed was born in Atlanta and, coincidentally, he mentions Atlanta in the lyrics. Has your hometown been immortalized in song?
Yes, often.
One of them: an oldie: Click here. - Jerry met Priscilla Mitchell at Capitol Records, where Jerry was a session musician and Priscilla was backup singer. Though she was only 18 when they wed, it seems their union was a happy one and they were together until his death almost 50 years later. If a newly engaged 18-year-old asked you for advice, what would you say?
Keep talking and when you have doubts: leave!! - In 1977, when "Eastbound and Down" was on the radio, nostalgia for the 1950s topped the TV ratings. The two most popular shows that year were Laverne & Shirley and Happy Days. If you magically transported back to the 1950s, what do you think you'd like about it? What do you think you'd miss about your life in 2026?
Will I go back in age too?
I loved the petticoats!
I'd miss my contacts with some friends who live all over the world. - Random question: Were you ever afraid of monsters in your closet or under your bed?
No. My closet was too full to house a monster, and I had a fold-way bed. So I already saw there was nothing under it before I was in my pajamas.
.


Glad you had no monsters.
ReplyDelete