Saturday 9 - Coconut



Saturday 9


This week's tune? Hear it here.


  1. This song is about a woman who complains of a belly ache. How's your tummy this morning?

    My tummy is fine... ask about my back!

  2. She responds to this malady by calling the doctor. What if you chose to address the problem yourself? Are there currently any OTC digestive aids in your medicine chest? 

    Digestive aids? No!

    Why use digestives for a belly ache?
    You might make it worse.

    First assess what is the reason, and what else is  accompany it.

  3. Coconut was once a popular ice cream flavor, but no more. It's not on the list of top sellers at Baskin Robbins or Cold Stone. When you last had ice cream, what flavor was it?

    Woodberries.

  4. Coconut remains popular in baking. It's easy to find recipes for coconut pie, coconut cheesecake, coconut cookies ... you get the idea. Have you recently tried a new recipe? If yes, how did it turn out?

    Turned out well.
    Made fries from potatoes which were sliced in a bag for baking.
    Used the airfryer without oil.

    Was perfect!

  5. This week's featured artist, Harry Nilsson, was a well known free spirit. He liked to party and had a reputation for not adhering to a schedule. Therefore it's a little surprising that one of his first jobs was in the conservative atmosphere of a small bank. Do you prefer a more structured workplace? 

    I have worked under all sorts of circumstances.
    Found out that stuctured work in a structured workplace was mind-killing.

    I like the work I do now, even though the teaching pays hardly enough and the veteran care costs.
    I am my own boss, I can improvise, use my experience and knowledge. Adjust everything to the person(s) in front.

  6. Harry met Micky Dolenz when The Monkees recorded his song, "Cuddly Toy" and they became fast and life-long friends. Can you think of someone you met and quickly "clicked" with?

    My British friends. Especially my bros and campmate.

  7. In 1971, when this song was on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Do you think you'd make a good private investigator?

    Yes. especially now I am not walking well and being old.
    Part of the work of a journalist is private investigating...in a way.

  8. England's Princess Anne turned 21 in 1971 and the occasion was commemorated with an official portrait taken by fashion photographer Norman Parkinson. Who took the most recent photo of you?

    Pffff... think it was Anita..

  9. Random question: You can redecorate any one room in your home, money is no object. But only one room. Which room do you pick?

    I just don't know.

    The attic needs to be tidied. If I isolate it better, put new wiring and lights in.. maybe we can make something nice of it.

    But my bedroom maybe needs more attention.
    Get the bed out, put some sort of 1 person foldable bed in, two extra wardrobes.
    Paint the walls, shutters for the windows, nice mosaic floor..

    But downstairs...

    I don't know.




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment