Today, Friday 31 july.

Lots of pain during the night and strange sleep.
Waking up with horrible news. See former post.

I feel shocked, sad, and as there is no more news, a tiny bit hopeful.

But the fall is long, avalanches are strong, and a human body nothing in the face of the power of the mountain.

As others of the climbing community.. all I can do is just wait.

We'll get updates as soon as they are available.




Even though my issues seem minor, life goes on.
Lots of people don know what happend at the other side of the world.

Got a message from the plastic surgeon that I will get an appointment with the handtherapist by post.

The colleague of the dietician will phone me next week.




In the parcel I got, I just found the pen to use the needles to check blood.

No reader.

A mail to the wholesaler learned that the insurance grants me one from august 11!
But I could ask one from the manufacturer..! 
For 11 days??




I was sitting in my ne cchair, having a coffee when I heard the magnets of the flycurtain at the back.. clip closed.
That was strange, as there was no wind to get them apart.

I stood up and had a look and it was a grey cat! Trying to get in!!

Well, when he saw me he didn't want that anymore and hurried away.

Why don't they put a bell on those cats?

I am allergic to cats...




I have an appointment with the rheumatologist in august.
Early in the morning.

And there is an appointment ever earlier for weight, height, bp and heartrate.

I think those checks are absolutely unnecessary.
My BP can't be relied on when I hurry to hospital.
But I have a smartwatch that measures it, and the heartrate.
So that doctor can have a look and even look into the app that goes with it, showing all data of days before.

My height doesn't change.

My weight is only necessary when I need weight related medication dosages.

So I wrote that to the appoinment desk, and they asked the rheumatologist and he agreed.

The earliest appointment is gone.



Son1 is in England and wanted to bring me some good pies.
We were joking about black pudding ..I love it!!

Then one of my friends said he would bring me a piece in september...

And we found out that the rules have changed and the stuff can't be brought here anymore.
Nor can the pies...



We managed to get a suitcase that is better for the train.
It's rather large, but it means I can take the stuff I need with me, instead of always falling short of things.
I hope it's firm enough to be used several trips.



Even though it rained a bit yesterday, the drought in the whole country is leading to exceptional measures.
The water in rivers and canals is so low that there is at many places no travel possible.
The water in the small streams poses problems for the land around it... it dries out and sags. Meaning that houses have no stable underground anymore.
In many areas it's strictly forbidden to take water from the streams, not for commercial fuittrees, not for hobbies, not even to drink it.
We need the water that is left to stay, as we call: sweet. So at the sea the inlets have been closed.
Now the wiers and locks have been closed or will be closed, as they might break when there is extremely low water at one side and higher water at the other side, and sweet water will run out of the harbours.

Animals, like sheep, are taken away from the dikes. The drought has dried the grass, which makes the dikes even more susceptible for evaporation and breaking. And when the autumn and winterstorms come, the grass nees to protect the dikes.

We need the sweet water to make water for consumption.

The rivers are at a record low...





.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment