Clouds,





The temperature is down a bit.
It feels like one is better able to breathe normally.

During the night I had a hypo again.. in the morning I found a huge discrepancy between the sensorreading and a normal fingertest. 5 points!!

It's either the sensor or the reader that is not working well.
And because of the rotten weather and the stress I was not able to "hear" my body well.

These are the negative sites of depending upon a machine.
Do I need to take the hypo-alarms serious? Or are they just a mistake?

Well, they kept me awake...




All day I have been thinking of the rescue workers on and above Broad Peak.
The drones have found the places where they assume the bodies are.

They have all been declared dead... and all of the climbing community are shocked.
Ofcourse we know the dangers of the mountains.
One can take all precautions, make all the right decisions, and still nature does what it wants.
It's not the first time I have been so closely involved, and it won't be the last time.

But one of the people I know relatively well was killed.
I remember him listening to me, and I found a photo with him looking the same way.

Some people say it's the ego that brings someone to the tops, but that's not it.
In the past they called it a calling... but we don't use the concept the same way anymore.
It's an inner urge, the feeling to be at home, with nature and oneself.
Living at ones own destination.

We shared the same feelings... He found his climbing, I found my ballet. Later thought it was parachuting... and I still think so. My feeling that I should live in England is the same.

He died where he was supposed to be, doing what he loved and who he fully was.

I feel for Mingma G. and the others, who try to bring those 7 home ...
Mingma knew most of them well.  Kilu....

Sometimes the mountain never gives someone back.
And a climber becomes part of the mountain, never to appear,
or after many years...

I have seen inexperienced people caught, and extremely experienced ones.
It doesn't matter who goes, because we have seen many inexperienced people go to tops and come back without any issues.
The sherpas who died where all extremely experienced. They don't take unnecessary risks. They bring people and themselves to the top and return.. once, twice, many times.

There is someone in the community who always poses questions like: is it ego, commercialism, ambition, fame, records? You can call yourself everest today, but that doesn't make you understand what is going on.
Yes, people earn money.
I would love to be rich, and I would love to climb everest, and if I would make money with it...I still would not go up the mountain... I have had the dream, a long time, until my heart started to become a problem and I didn't want to be the reason for other people to have to take risks to save me. Let alone to take people under my leadership.

It's not fame... I have met enough famous people to know that fame is a characteristic of the public, not of the person.

Mingma G. and other rescue workers have now reached 5 of the bodies.
They're on top of the snow...not buried.
The question now is how to take them away from the extremely dangerous area....

According to some reports Kilu sherpa has been found and is transported to basecamp.

Please stay safe....



.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment