Premise: A philanthropist awards you $80,000 with the stipulation that you must spend half on yourself and half for the benefit of others.
1. Of the $40,000/35.160 Euro you must spend on yourself:
- a. First you throw yourself a lavish birthday party. Tell us about it.
Why use it on a birthdayparty?
There are other things to spend it on, wiser too.
I was happy with the birthday of last year. Went to my english friends and had dinner with them.
So I might do that.
Then get some help to do the things in the house I want to be done, take the things away I want to get rid of. There is so much in here that can be gone, but I can't take it away as I have no car.
Imagine going with a bunk bed in parts on the bus!! - b. Then you take off on a cruise. Where are you headed?
I don't know much about cruises. Maybe to the arctic.
I'd rather have a flight withh a Spitfire or a Lancaster. Otherwise: with a Dakota.
2. Of the $40,000 you must spend for the benefit of others:
- a. Who would be on your gift list? What would buy them?
I wouldn't make a gift list. There is always someone who wants to be on it too and feels excluded. Or feels the gift is too small or the one of others better.
So: no gift list at all. - b. Which charities would you support?
I would spend all the money on an end of life home for the veterans, and me moving to England to run it.
I know it wouldn't be enough..


I am now imagining you boarding the bus carrying bunk bed parts - that would definitely be interesting!
ReplyDeleteYes! I had a laugh when I imagined that too.
DeleteYour last answer is VERY you!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sir!
DeleteHauling a mattress on a bus would indeed be a sight to see.
ReplyDeleteHaha... I think I won't be allowed in!
ReplyDelete