Happy Homemaker Monday - 29 -

 




 *** The Weather *** 


This is the strangest summer ever.

Saturday it was hot and sunny all day.
Sunday it was grey, with drizzle and high humidity.

For the second part of the week another heatwave is expected!


*** Right now I am *** 


Curious about the new dietician I will see tomorrow.
Haven't heard from her again after I've sent her what she needs to know..
So when she can't deal with the complexity, she can prevent me going through the ordeal of taking the bus to go there. Instead of 5 minuts by car, I have to deal with two busses and more than an hour to get there.

I am still enjoying the lower temperatures. So the doors and widows are open, even though my allergy dictates my eyes, nose, ears and enormous yawning, how to behave.
I am not looking forward to the next heatwave.
With my hand still healing I am limited in my actions. So the normal chores take forever or can't be done.


*** Thinking and pondering *** 

With all those paywalls online one misses important information.
I just learned that the shoppingcentre in the centre of town will be demolished in september, and they will built a lot of appartments.
I have spent a lot of hours in that shoppingcentre.
There was a very good babyshop, I also loved the shop with all sorts of foreign things and when I was a student I was able to buy there cheap clothes which looked amazing. The india cotton was a perfect fit for me, as I was extremely thin. The owner even gave away some blouses to me, because nobody bought them, because of the fit and the abundant colours. I could wear them with my red hair, and artistic looks.

The driveway was a horror. It was so steep!! One day we were driving up and the car stopped and the break didn't have a grasp. Slowly it started to slide back. So I got my babyson out of his chair and stepped outside on the extremely small pavement, as you want to call it that way. It was just about 10 cm wide.
The man in the car behind ours saw it happening and the he was able to drive back, as he had no one behind him.

When both cars were safely parked I started trembling with my son in my arms.
I was praised for acting so efficiently and quickly. Yea...right..
I am known for handling emergency situations efficiently, because of quick, problem solving thinking, but that doesn't mean the emotions and reactions won't be following.
Since then I almost always close my eyes when going up and down a driveway like that. Brrrr....


*** How I am feeling ***


A bit tired.

I also feel there is never a moment of rest when I am in the country. It's early morning and already I have another issue with my autistic son on my plate.

I also feel very sorry for and worried about the people in the south of France and those in Spain, who have to deal with the consequences of the wildfires.
It's horrible.
At the moment at least 270.000 people have been evacuated and 63 professionals have been killed. 
Some fires might go on burning for months!
Already 6 times more land has been burned than in other years.
I have grown up near the woods and I slightly know how tense we were some years about possible fires. We were educated about the ins and outs. The risk of undergrowth, "jumping fires" and brandroads, and how we could find fire under the ground... We were told never to leave something of glass or something else shining, and we were shown how even a wrap of a sweet could contribute to enlargement of the fire area.


*** looking back***


I am happy I went for the handsurgery.

I don't wake up with pain and don't have to go through even more pain to get my fingers straight.
But I might have waited too long, as I still can't close my hand.
It's early days now...so we'll see.

As the wounds have closed I have removed most sutures.
There is only a small spot that needs attention, as it goes a bit fibrous. But I know how to deal with it from the wound at my ankle. So I treated it yesterday, and it already looks better, doens't hurt that much anymore, and is closing.

I still have a month before travelling, so I will be allright.


*** On the breakfast plate ***

I was craving for some pepper-peanuts and took them. LOL! Instead of nothing...
Think I will take an apple in the midde of the morning.


*** on the lunch plate ***


My usual toasted slice of bread with grilled cheese.
Even though I am fully open for a baquette with all sorts of healthy stuff on it.


*** On the dinner plate *** 


Salad. Lots of it. And a kroket. And as the last part: strawberries!


*** On the menu *** 


Salad.. things in the fridge...


*** What I am wearing *** 


Sweatpants, T-shirt of my son, flipflops.


*** On my reading pile *** 


All sorts of books. But I haven't read a much as I expected. simply because other things take so much more time. I assue that when the weather gets hotter again...


*** On my TV this week *** 


In Aller Freundschaft, Casualty, Flying Doctors.


*** Looking around the house *** 


Wish someone took some time to do some chores.

They're so used to me taking care of everything, that they forget I sometimes need some assistance too.


*** To-do list for today*** 

  • water plants
  • If the weather improves a bit: laundry!
  • do exercises, for hand and body. I miss morning life, because it gave simple exercises each day.
    I always repeated them during the day.
  • Write an article about veteran care.
  • Explain a medical report to a patiënt.
  • find out where and when I can do my bloodworks. It's not open at the practice when I visit the dietician, so I'd better find out where I can go by bus in an easy way.

*** What I am creating *** 


Not mucch as I need to give my hand time to heal.
But I might try something minor.


*** In the craft basket ***


Lots of yarn, a couple of miniature kits. 

I need to make my outfit for the september event.


*** From the camera *** 


Will update later this day.


*** Spiritual ***


We have lost the way of seeing all things as inspired, as sacred.
I used to be able to talk with my native indian sister in a different way about care and healing.
When taking care of your environment, you're taking care of the creation. And in the same time take care of others and yourself.

We all now how people observe and react to a tree that is old and wonderful. They feel respect... get calm inside themselves...

The same happens with beautiful trimmed hedges and bushes, with flowers.
Each day I take out the older flowers of the sweet pea. So it keeps giving and giving more flowers. I do that until the season is over. The bees and bumblebees are not an enemy anymore. It's like they understand that taking away the dried old flowers, the new ones have a better chance and they'll get more honey. I am never afraid of the insects stinging me. Not even of the wasps, although I am allergic to their sting. They do their own thing, while I do mine. Sometimes with my hand just a few cm away from them.
It feels like a privilege to be part of this small ecosystem.

And other people enjoy the sweet peas too. "The plant brings me a smile, they look so cute" someone said to me the other day.

Many indigenous people know that all too well, but most people have forgotten it...








.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Hope the next heat wave will go by very quickly or go another route than yours. Sending healing vibes for your hand. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. 3 heatwaves in a year!!! Unbelievable! And it's still july. The heat is everywhere: UK, mainland Europe...
      Have a good week too.

      Delete