Heading to...

 



Heading to another heatwave.

Again all over europe.

With fear for the wildfires in France and Spain.. enlarging and new ones.

I am so happy I don't live near the woods anymore, even though I will regret that later in the year, when the danger for fires is low.

I loved to live there as a child.
We played so many hours in the woods, without a thought of danger. Not from nature, not from humans.
I think those were the best years... so naieve, so innocent.




Heading to an appointment with the dietician.

In all those years only one came up with a well-thought-through eating plan. I still use a lot form that now.
Problem is that the ingredients have changed a lot.
Less, salt, less sugar, more lupine and other ingredients I am allergic too.
I can't rely on blindly taking something.

Like when I was in england, got a hypo and through a piece of chocolate would normalise my glucose.
It did in the past.
But this time eating a whole bar was not enough to normalise things.
Which felt kind of ridiculous. 
Yes, I have gained weight thhe past years, and part is due to situations like these.

Last night I got a hypo too. Saved by the sensor, dragging me out of a dream I didn't want to leave.
Instead of a minor thing, I needed to eat 3 cookies. It got my gluco up, as I knew I needed 3, but 3 cookies!! All the stuff in it that I didn't need for my gluco to get up, helping to keep it up... I know that..
but it keeps my weight up too. 

So I am very curious where she ends up: on the list of assistants or of those who have been useless.

I hope not. Travelling so very long to get there is not my pleasure.



Heading to healing of my hand.

The surtures are all out.
I took 5 out myself.
Number 6 was too deep to take it out, and there was fibrous growth between the edges at that place.
Luckily I was taught in the past how to deal with that, to enable closure of the scar.
So I took care of it and waited. Then the suture came out.
Tested with ancohol of the wound was completely closed.
Yep!!!

I still can't close my hand. Especially the ringfinger is stiff and painful.
But I do excercises very regularly, use my hand where it's possible, without putting any force on it, like pulling, or pressing things.

Of there isn't enough improvement next weekend, I'll contact the department and ask for a hand therapist.
But maybe I'll do it even earlier this week, as the finger closes (as far as it goes) a bit turned aside.

I'll see.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. I hope your finger/hand heals completely in time. Sounds like you are making progress at least. And I hope the sugar issues can be reasonably controlled. The heat wave is something else. It is very hot here as well, but this is pretty much normal for us in summertime. We just need more rain so badly. Everything is SO dry. Our pond looks like the desert. I will be so happy for fall to arrive. It still has a way to go before it cools down much here...usually late October it starts feeling better. Take care and I hope you have a good doctor visit, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I said the other day: when I had a friend living in Texas she always had hotter weather than us, but not anymore. The drought is here too. Tourist boats can't get up the Rhine anymore, let alone the inland cargo ships. Some canals are closed for all traffic, as there is not enough water in them. Interesting, as they said that our country would be flooded in the future...

      Delete