
It was a very short night, as I had to be ready to leave at 6.30.
I didn't even have time to make a proper breakfast, so I threw a lot of small packages with crackers and sultanas in my bag.
When we arrived there were already quite a lot of people waiting.
The greetings were as nice as always.
I didn't even have time to make a proper breakfast, so I threw a lot of small packages with crackers and sultanas in my bag.
When we arrived there were already quite a lot of people waiting.
The greetings were as nice as always.
It was funny to see that one of the youngest member stood in line to get a hug. :)
So I assumed our talk of last time had done him well.
So I assumed our talk of last time had done him well.

On our way to the hangar on of the guys asked me about my hand and said that I would have a lot of help from son2.
I didn't say much...
No help at all. My daughter only does the dishes, for a change.
The house hasn't been vacuumed since the time I did it myself before the surgery. Even though she walked in a lot of sand and said she would brush it up.
Son2 doesn't do anything, even though he knows things need to be brought to the dump. And I need to go to Germany to get groceries.
It made me feel even more alone with my issues.
But it was nice he assumed....
I didn't say much...
No help at all. My daughter only does the dishes, for a change.
The house hasn't been vacuumed since the time I did it myself before the surgery. Even though she walked in a lot of sand and said she would brush it up.
Son2 doesn't do anything, even though he knows things need to be brought to the dump. And I need to go to Germany to get groceries.
It made me feel even more alone with my issues.
But it was nice he assumed....

It was a relief a few friends were there with a motorhome. They always take me to the dropzone and even bring a gardenchair for me to sit in.
We had a nice time catching up and making plans for september.
A few years ago we had to be at a dropzone in the south of the country, but I also had to be back at the campsite (in the middle of the country) in time for the ceremony with the veterans.
That day almost everything went wrong.
We had a nice time catching up and making plans for september.
A few years ago we had to be at a dropzone in the south of the country, but I also had to be back at the campsite (in the middle of the country) in time for the ceremony with the veterans.
That day almost everything went wrong.
The weather was crap, so the jumps were postponed for hours.
On our way back we got caught in a traffic jam.... Well, in fact in 3.
Then the entrance to the campsite was blocked, so I had to walk the long distance to the tent to change from dropzone gear to a nice proper outfit for the ceremony.
On my way to the monument, someone said it already had started, so I was running again... only to find out that the guy who organised it had forgotten to adjust his watch... so he started an hour late...and I had to wait... LOL!
So I said that this year I would stay at the campsite.
That will give me time to shower and dress up, as by that time I will have my proper air corps outfit.
I'd probably meet the high guy, and I would like to talk with him about sending a group of soldiers to walk the 4-days marches here.
My friends were quite happy with that new plan, as they too remember that strange day all too well.
For me it means that I won't be running around, but I will miss seeing some friends at the dropzone there.
Then the entrance to the campsite was blocked, so I had to walk the long distance to the tent to change from dropzone gear to a nice proper outfit for the ceremony.
On my way to the monument, someone said it already had started, so I was running again... only to find out that the guy who organised it had forgotten to adjust his watch... so he started an hour late...and I had to wait... LOL!
So I said that this year I would stay at the campsite.
That will give me time to shower and dress up, as by that time I will have my proper air corps outfit.
I'd probably meet the high guy, and I would like to talk with him about sending a group of soldiers to walk the 4-days marches here.
My friends were quite happy with that new plan, as they too remember that strange day all too well.
For me it means that I won't be running around, but I will miss seeing some friends at the dropzone there.

At the airfield two very old fashioned looking planes had a pitstop on their tour above the south of the country..
I lllovvve old planes!
Pity we were too busy to have a talk there.
Pity we were too busy to have a talk there.

One of the former leaders had his last jump.
So I was glad to be there.
We all had a drink together and then people left one by one.
So we had some time to have a talk about the future and getting olders and being realistic.
Later he just had disappeared...
I'm sure we'll see each other again.
So I was glad to be there.
We all had a drink together and then people left one by one.
So we had some time to have a talk about the future and getting olders and being realistic.
Later he just had disappeared...
I'm sure we'll see each other again.

Had a very tasty chicken curry bread.
I didn't need to use more insulin than usual for my bread, so that was good.
Because it was the first time using my new bankcard, I was very OK with my son there too...in case.
I didn't need to use more insulin than usual for my bread, so that was good.
Because it was the first time using my new bankcard, I was very OK with my son there too...in case.

During the day I had some intense talks with people, and one with a mother who was afraid something would go wrong with her son. I explained that we have the highest safety-requirements. Pity they had a dog with them, otherwise they would have been able to have a look at the hangar. But she rather stayed with her husband outside.

After the jump we had a drink together and most left.
I stayed talking with the woman who has always been lovely to me and who worked behind the bar.
Her husband had drived the bu who took the jumpers from the dropzone back to the hangar.
It was her last day, (he had left earlier) and I thought she and her husband looked a bit lost. They were sitting in the restaurant and just a few people came to talk with them.
I made her a card at home with thank you and compliments. And left my address.
She is going through a rough time, with her husband almost not able to walk. Recently she had skincancer removed and the wound got infected...
She knows she can talk with me... so she asked my phone number too.
I stayed talking with the woman who has always been lovely to me and who worked behind the bar.
Her husband had drived the bu who took the jumpers from the dropzone back to the hangar.
It was her last day, (he had left earlier) and I thought she and her husband looked a bit lost. They were sitting in the restaurant and just a few people came to talk with them.
I made her a card at home with thank you and compliments. And left my address.
She is going through a rough time, with her husband almost not able to walk. Recently she had skincancer removed and the wound got infected...
She knows she can talk with me... so she asked my phone number too.

Then son2 decided he wanted to make another jump. Not with the WW2 parachute, but with a square.
He is in trraining. Freefall and such.
We had to wait a long time, as the the weather was good and there were a lot of people wanting to jump.
I think he wanted to show me his jump, but I couldn't see anything at all.
What a disappointment.
He is in trraining. Freefall and such.
We had to wait a long time, as the the weather was good and there were a lot of people wanting to jump.
I think he wanted to show me his jump, but I couldn't see anything at all.
What a disappointment.

Then suddenly we were offered a cup of mustardsoup. Delicious!!
The jumper who gave it to us had made it himself.
The jumper who gave it to us had made it himself.
Then we said our goodbyes to the woman and her husband.
When they saw we were going to leave, the pople who had planned to formal goodbye for the woman called everyone together. So we stayed until that was over, glad we were able to witness it and take part.
In fact we felt rather moved to see them so old and fragile. 11 years they have served there.
When they saw we were going to leave, the pople who had planned to formal goodbye for the woman called everyone together. So we stayed until that was over, glad we were able to witness it and take part.
In fact we felt rather moved to see them so old and fragile. 11 years they have served there.
Then we finally went home.
The roads were rather empty, so we were relatively fast at home.
Where I was just 1 minute before Casualty started.
Not long after it finished I went to bed. I was soooo tired!
The roads were rather empty, so we were relatively fast at home.
Where I was just 1 minute before Casualty started.
Not long after it finished I went to bed. I was soooo tired!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment