So I woke up in time. checked if the busses were on the road. Left in time, with a lot of sultanas in my bag...in case...
and after a few minutes waiting at the busstop I was welcomed by a lot of warmth and a smiling driver.
At the busstation I expected to wait about 20 minutes, but it was about 2 minutes, maybe even less.
Half way the driver waited for a woman who was running, which doesn't happen often (the waiting), which was very nice, and she sat opposite me.
We started talking... she was a doctor at dermatology, worried about not being able to go home.
So we decided that if we got stuck we would meet up and find us a bed in the hospital.
and after a few minutes waiting at the busstop I was welcomed by a lot of warmth and a smiling driver.
At the busstation I expected to wait about 20 minutes, but it was about 2 minutes, maybe even less.
Half way the driver waited for a woman who was running, which doesn't happen often (the waiting), which was very nice, and she sat opposite me.
We started talking... she was a doctor at dermatology, worried about not being able to go home.
So we decided that if we got stuck we would meet up and find us a bed in the hospital.
At the hospital I informed the new secretary I was in the house.
Had to walk the longest way to the right room
Instead of finding the short and very nice cardiologist, there was my own cardiologist.
I was the first, and he showed me the coffee machine hidden in a corner and a quiet place to sit down...
Then went back.
I asked him how he was doing and he said it was certainly not as busy as before and less stressful. My reaction: I do hope so!!
We both had in our minds the last time we had to deal with each other and the last time he saw my daughter. Both consultations he was not his true self.
Now he was, so we joked around until the others came in.
He provided the introduction and instruction...
Gave a good lesson...
It was to teach students questioning, some medical bits in the meantime and give them some valuable growth items for on their way to become a good doctor.
My daughter got stuck in traffic, she was supposed to go to an appointment in the hospital and we would drink a coffee or lunch there.
I was not very worried.
The snowstorm was raging around the hospital, but I expected the busses to stop only during the snowstorm.
Had a short talk with the cardiologist, who thanked me for the christmascard, and...
started the second lesson with just a few students, but from a group I already had twice this time. So that was great!
One by one the others walked in: soaked!! One hung het coat on the hook and it dripped like crazy.
We had a very worthwhile lesson. During which I loaded the phone.
Went back to the cardiologist to say bye and left.
He had another hour with the students to discuss their findings.
It would have been very enlightning to him.
I was diagnosed in another hospital, by the best. And the last time he saw me he doubted the diagnosis, because my recovery was so successful.
There was plenty of time for the students to get into the matter, learn about the two different diseases, why I disagreed, what it did to me... and about the fact that very recent research showed that the way my former cardiologist treated me (completely ignoring the protocol) results in a far faster and better recovery.
After the first round of lessons he was aware what I was teaching today. Picked out the more neutral issues in the introduction for the second group.
He must have learned even more from my second group.
Bcause the busses were not on the streets at the moment I went the hall of the hospital, as it was warmer and brighter than at the teaching location. I expected my cardiologist to use the underground route, but he walked with bare arms in his white coat the outside route!!
He knew where I would be.
Again we had a shot talk and he said to inform the secretary I would take a taxi and send them the bill.
I asked the secreatry if I was allowed to take a taxi.
Got no reply.
Information came that there would be no busses on the roads for the rest of the day.
After 4 hours of waiting my son with the car came to fetch me. He always tries the create such circumstances that his brother has to do things, but his brother had slipped with the car of the firm into a ditch in a small village...(no damage, no injuries,) and needed to be towed out.
I left the car when we were beside our neighbourhood on the main road.
Had to walk the longest way to the right room
Instead of finding the short and very nice cardiologist, there was my own cardiologist.
I was the first, and he showed me the coffee machine hidden in a corner and a quiet place to sit down...
Then went back.
I asked him how he was doing and he said it was certainly not as busy as before and less stressful. My reaction: I do hope so!!
We both had in our minds the last time we had to deal with each other and the last time he saw my daughter. Both consultations he was not his true self.
Now he was, so we joked around until the others came in.
He provided the introduction and instruction...
Gave a good lesson...
It was to teach students questioning, some medical bits in the meantime and give them some valuable growth items for on their way to become a good doctor.
My daughter got stuck in traffic, she was supposed to go to an appointment in the hospital and we would drink a coffee or lunch there.
I was not very worried.
The snowstorm was raging around the hospital, but I expected the busses to stop only during the snowstorm.
Had a short talk with the cardiologist, who thanked me for the christmascard, and...
started the second lesson with just a few students, but from a group I already had twice this time. So that was great!
One by one the others walked in: soaked!! One hung het coat on the hook and it dripped like crazy.
We had a very worthwhile lesson. During which I loaded the phone.
Went back to the cardiologist to say bye and left.
He had another hour with the students to discuss their findings.
It would have been very enlightning to him.
I was diagnosed in another hospital, by the best. And the last time he saw me he doubted the diagnosis, because my recovery was so successful.
There was plenty of time for the students to get into the matter, learn about the two different diseases, why I disagreed, what it did to me... and about the fact that very recent research showed that the way my former cardiologist treated me (completely ignoring the protocol) results in a far faster and better recovery.
After the first round of lessons he was aware what I was teaching today. Picked out the more neutral issues in the introduction for the second group.
He must have learned even more from my second group.
Bcause the busses were not on the streets at the moment I went the hall of the hospital, as it was warmer and brighter than at the teaching location. I expected my cardiologist to use the underground route, but he walked with bare arms in his white coat the outside route!!
He knew where I would be.
Again we had a shot talk and he said to inform the secretary I would take a taxi and send them the bill.
I asked the secreatry if I was allowed to take a taxi.
Got no reply.
Information came that there would be no busses on the roads for the rest of the day.
After 4 hours of waiting my son with the car came to fetch me. He always tries the create such circumstances that his brother has to do things, but his brother had slipped with the car of the firm into a ditch in a small village...(no damage, no injuries,) and needed to be towed out.
I left the car when we were beside our neighbourhood on the main road.
The smaller roads could not be used. So I walked through about 10 to 15 cm of snow! It was very windy and cold. But I enjoyed it very much.
I knew the slippery spots from this morning, so I would not get on them, not even with all that snow on top.
Of course I was happy to be at home after such a long day.
I knew the slippery spots from this morning, so I would not get on them, not even with all that snow on top.
Of course I was happy to be at home after such a long day.


Oh my! What a wild day for you, but it sounds like it was very interesting and productive. I'm so glad you made it back home safely with all of the snow and delays, etc. Wow! It all sounds like it was worth the trip, even with the challenges!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was worth the trip, certainly.
DeleteThis weather used to be mine. I loved to walk in the snow and I loved ice skating, building snowmen, and my kids, when they were young, even made an iglo in the garden where they had dinner.
The teaching is very important, that's why I went through all the trouble. But the walk home was pure delight. There was about 15 cm of snow....I only remember that from when I was young. And at places it had been blown up higher. I was wearing shoes which had been treated against water, with good relief soles, but if they would have been damaged could be thrown away, as they had cost me almost nothing.... (ordered online when I needed shoes for my different sized foots after I had broken my ankle). Well, the shoes are still OK!!!
Walking through the snow without cars in the area, like being the only fool on the streets, yes...a true highlight!!