Thursday 6 - Week 2 - Weather


  1. Can you describe the weather at the moment?

    It looks rather dull and grey.
    There is still a thick layer of snow on things, but as it's about 2 degrees celsius above zero, there is some dripping from treess from melting snow.

  2. What is your favorite weather?

    Snow.
    I love walkign through the snow, as long as it's dry and stays.

  3. What do you consider the worst weather? How do you preare for it?

    The cold rainy weather on froozen ground: ice rain!!  Brrrr.... makes me shiver even now.

  4. As a child, what were your favorite weather depending activities?

    Sledging with friends, sliding on icepaths, and ice skating.

  5. Do you have special memories about certain weather conditions?

    I went with my father to England on the ferry. It was storming and many people were ill in their cabins. Personell were not seen, as they were very busy. Dad and I were walking around, inside. Not seeing a soul.
    Then we wanted to go upstairs, which was quite dangerous as the boat moved the stairs to and fro (not sideways). A young man from the team suddenly appeared, saw us and taught me the best and safest way to climb the stairs during a storm. It took away all my fear for the storm at sea.

  6. Do you look outside to assess the weather or do you depend on a weather service? 

    In fact I do look outside to assess the weather. Based on knowledge and experience I can forecast a bit realiable, but not too long ahead.
    For that I watch the weatherforecast given by Carol Kirkwood and a few others on the BBC, and sometimes use our own weatherservice. Especially when it comes to parachuting there is never too much information. We have to travel for hours to reach the airfield, and when conditions are not good enough there won't be any jumps and we sit there all day watching each other. As I am not a jumper that means dealing with high travelcost and bored people all day. I don't always feel like that.

    So give me good weather or interesting weather!!


.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment