Taxes -1
In between all the successful attempts to make my house the worst mess it has ever been, there is tax paperwork waiting.
My first time dealing with all the taxes after Mr. J died in June.
That means there is a change in the year... So that means getting all stuff of each month, instead of the year amounts and dividing them by 12.
I have the old peoples income.. which is pretty standard, but still means a change..
And I have a pension from myself... which is a lot of work for just a few euro's, not enough to go for a simple icecream and give one to my daughter too.
And I have a pension because Mr. J.'s pension should be shared with me, even after his death.
Sounds pretty simple.
We have local taxes, a lot of other stuff that is paid automatically and the national taxes.
To be clear: those systems have all the information, so there is no need for me to find it out all by myself...one would assume.
Wrong!!!
So I decided to tackle the local taxes first.
Easy-peasy? Noop!!
You can't access your stuff unless you login in, which is not a problem, and provide some other info including phone number.
I have 2 numbers. One regular, an one for calls from organisations I consider OK to call me, and the taxes.
Forgot that number...
So I can't access my stuff.
Tried to get around it... didn' t work.
They keep info private so well.......
So I called.
10 minutes waiting time.
"Give us your number and we'll call you back within 2 days."
Yea...right.
Got the telephonist in the end...
Will get my formto apply for paying less.
It will take up to 10 (!!!!!!!!!!) days to get it here.
I assume they will handwrite it, illustrate it and bring the forms one by one to the mailbox.
Next question: why do they need 3 months of bank statements?
Rent, water, gas, electricity and payments for the health insurance...
"Why not use the year oversights? Works easier for your organisation. I get a year statement of all of them... pro month just means dividing by 12.."
Those calls are recorded, so maybe when someone hears this!!
"Why do you need to know I pay my kids back when they fetch my groceries becasue I can't fetch them myself with 2 broken ankles?"
She had a good laugh...
I managed to download most I need to know from the different income providers.
Some give gross and net income... which is easy,
but...... not all. And from one I couldn't find if they gave the net or gross numbers!!
Will deal with that tomorrow after the windows are put in.
Have to do a few things, dust a display cabinet... measure the space on thefloor for the ladder, and call the guy to ask him if tht space is enough.
In the meantime I have to be downstairs to answer the door as my daughter expects medical supplies and is to the hospital for a check up.
I can't run down the stairs.... can't split myself up....
But there is one thing positive:
I'll get vacation-money in may and that is almost enough for a trip to the veterans.
Feels like I just should pay the local taxes, not apply to pay less and be done with that part of the issue.
Feels like it's worth the extra money...
The national taxes are easier to deal with... I am told.
I have done them before, but not in a year with huge mutations.
And there is far more support available.
I just have to act as the confused grieving widow.......Ugh!


Yikes! Sounds very confusing! I thought our taxes were bad! Thankfully we have online systems to figure our taxes and submit them..."TurboTax". It makes it all very simple and has lots of helps as you go along. But we don't have to do local taxes as well as Federal. And thankfully, in our state of Florida, we don't have state income tax either, but many (most) other states do. I wish you well in figuring yours out. It all sounds very complicated to me. Oh, I hope the window installation will not be a huge ordeal for you, although having to clean up and move things already sounds like a lot of work. Praying it all goes smoothly and soon you will have nice new clean and pretty windows. I do wish you could share some pictures! Please take care and don't overdo it with the stairs, etc. They did offer to help, so maybe you should let them do something! :) Sending you some extra (((HUGS))) today as you deal with all of the above.
ReplyDeleteTaxes are a pain. Especially with those huge mutations as the death of a partner. I get part of the pension he deserved (for enabling him to work,skip raising the kids and doing all the chores in and around the house...I guess. LOL!). I also have additional medical costs.
DeleteSo they have to make a new assessment.
So they want extra proof of things.
I assume next year will be easier.
B.t.w. I can't overdo it. Had to stop because of the pain...
DeleteI can climb the stairs max 2 times a day.. with a lot of time in between.