Tuesday 4 - Foody Questions


  1. what was your favorite suppertime meal when you were a kid or a teen?  How about fav breakfast and lunch while you're at it.

    We don't have supper.
    We have: breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    Breakfast was either a kind of porridge or bread.
    I didn't like the porridge at all.
    So it was just bread.

    At my gram's we had a kind of traditional round toast biscuitcalled 'beschuit".
    She put a layer of full butter on it, and then grainsugar over it.The whole setting es memorable. We never had breakfast without a candle and closed curtains.
    That was best!

    Lunch was two slices of bread. One with cheese or some kind of meat. And one with chocolate sprinkles. 

    Dinner: potatoes, vergetables and a sausage.
    I liked spinach best.

  2. How about now? What is your favorite dinnertime meal? And for breakfast and lunchtime?

    To keep my bloodsugar/glucose at level:
    an insulin shot.
    "Kwark", which is called soft cheese in english but has nothing to do with it, with berries.

    lunch is:
    an insulin shot and toasted bread with ham and cheese. (Found out that toasted bread doesn't raise my bloodsyugar as much as normal bread.)

    dinner:
    insulin shot
    airfry french fries, salad, smoked salmon

  3. How has your taste in food changed over the years.

    Not very much.
    I still like mocca a lot.
    So I drink Nescafé Mocca.
    And I would love to have mocca cake... but I won't.

  4. What's for supper at your house tonight?

    Not the faintest idea.
    Maybe cabbage.
    .
.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Comments:

  1. I remember liking bread and butter with some cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on it. It's good either toasted or not. Your memories of breakfast with your Gram are really special! I would treasure that also, but never got to do things like that with my grandmothers. One lived too many states away from us and we only got to go there in summer, but she was not well, so couldn't spend any time with us children. My other lived closer to us, but we really only got together on holidays and birthdays it seemed. I would love to eat more salmon, but it is so expensive, so it is a rare treat for me. I do love it, but hubby does not, so I don't cook it. But I would if I could afford it more often. I also love spinach, but preferably uncooked fresh spinach in a salad. Never liked canned spinach, but I will cook fresh or frozen spinach. I also love broccoli, when I can get it fresh. I'm glad you joined in on this meme today. I hope you are doing well today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity you didn't have a closer relationship with your grandmother.
      It was the mother of my father who was very important in my upbringing. My other gradmother lived far away. She was a very kind woman. The only time we had a good talk together without other people around was after my first daughterbaby died.
      I love salon, but you are right: it is sooooo expensive. One of my sons has a friend with a fish shop and once a year we get smoked salmon. I can't eat baked salmon due to allergy.
      If you'll ever be here, we can have a spinach meal together. We don't have canned spinach, so we can't go wrong. I am OK with broccoli.

      Enjoy your day!!

      Delete
  2. We call it dinner as well. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete