Limited

As mij daughter was away for the weekend I have slept in her bed.
It was nice to stretch my legs, but when I woke up the soft mattress had left its mark. Had a backache all day.
But my legs were straightened!! :)

Being alone in the house confronted me even more with my physical limits.
I so wanted to take up the tidying, but I can stand only a limited time, and I certainly can't move boxes.

I also couldn't fix the upstairs toilet. The handles don't work.

To put in a new mechanism costs more than 120 euro. To have a plumber do it is something to save for.
So I have to try and find out how to do it myself.
Mr. J. left it to others to fix things...
I won't.
I can only gain, as the thing might work after all, or stays broken and it needs to be repaired...just like now.




People often laugh because I always look at items to see if they are useful, before throwing them away.
I had kept a very large bottle of laundry softener or detergent.
Now we can play "tiny house loo." and it works fine. :)

Tomorrow the UK terminal of Eurostar will open at Amsterdam.
Meaning we can have border control at Amsterdam or Rotterdam (I travel from Rotterdam) and go straight to London. Instead of getting out at Brussels with all the luggage,walk through a bussy station, search for customs (they had problems pointing people in the right direction.), wait in an overcrowded waitingroom, to board again like a flok of sheep. I will miss the feeling of accomplishment..LOL!

Now it means that I have to get from here to the train... and need assistance in Rotterdam.
But maybe I can walk there...as it is not very far.
I havee already heard from soneone of the trialgroup that Amsterdam requires a lot of walking.

So it opens possibilities. And to be honest, I need to know I can travel again.





The Magic House 1:24 project is going well.
The wall are more fagile than those of the houses I have built before.
And I think the scale is not 1:24, but a bit smaller.
It has lots of plants, and very tiny items.
No photos uploaded yet.
If you want to see the miniature site, just look in the topmenuof this site.

With some coupons I got as a present I have ordered the tailor's shop.
In the shop is a ress on how and I'll make it a weddingdress.
Pity I wasn't invited to the weddingdress fitting. Otherwise I could have made a small model of it and gifted the shop to the newly weds...






Son1 got ill during one of his travels.
He arrived home again.











Toilet repair videos here.



.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. There's always something to fix, isn't there? Life is never simple, and repairs can be so costly. We just found out with our washing machine that I already wrote about, and opted to just go ahead and buy another as it was going to cost way too much to have it repaired. These new appliances are all electronic and are NOT made to last! We live in a disposable society, it would seem. It costs too much to repair things so we just replace them and fill the landfill with more stuff. At least the washing machine outer parts are metal and I'm sure some metal collectors would like to have it. We let our son take it home with him to either try and repair or dispose of in whatever way reasonable. I look forward to seeing your next miniatures that you are doing. Please let us know when they are ready to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the new one will last a long time.
    Here we can give the old one back to the shop who delivers the new one.

    If you want you can subscribe to the site. If you want me to put up the followerswidget...please let me know.

    ReplyDelete