Cold, pills,



Again the political situation was at the center of everything.
Yesterday evening one of our daily programs had someone in the chair who knew nothing at all about our military situation. He tried to tell the public we don't have an airforce.
Here we know better! We're living in the area where pilots are educated. We can also hear the flights to an interception.
The program got so many comments, that they invited for today a few vey knowledgeable guests. Good!!

Went to the physio again.
Last week we were talking about the osteopenia. That the average value was still in the (high)normal area, but that the top of the hipboness were absolute borderline.
Part might be due to the inactivity.

Today she gave me a few exercises to mobilise my hips. THANKS!
And she taped my feet/ankles.

One way or another that didn't feel right.
The tape came off from the left foot.
Got loose at the sides at the right. And my foot got very swollen again, like the tape was keeping the fluid in the foot.
After a couple of hours of irritation I removed both tapes. As agreed one of the sessions before.

My foot hurts a lot and today it also felt like a nerve was trapped.
That the tendons in my knee hurt like hell, doesn´t help.

The physio said it might take up to a whole year before I can walk a stretch in a proper way.!!!!!!!
Truly a life changing injury!

At home I fell asleep.

Discovered that two mails had arrived too late.
One was to organise an online session with students. Which I can't, because our internetconnection is not stable. I have done online classes during Covid, but that was from the studio of the university.

The other was to show a nervous volunteer how to deal with a group.
Would have been this morning....during the physio!!

Again I stressed that I want to be part of the commission for education.
Mentoring volunteers would be a very good decision. Because it's not about the volunteers, but about the way they teach the students. Some just don't know what to do!!
If they want fullblown teachers with no compensation, they have to invest in another way.

Then my pills against osteoporosis finally arrived.
It was a 1 in a week one...which means that the stuff stays in your body for at least 10 years... It will be possible that anunwanted reaction starts even after months!
No thank you!
And they can cause dental problems and problems in the jaw... well, my jaw was crushed in the past so the idea of going through that again...
And the GP should have assessed blood calcium....
So I won't take them.

If the GP had informed me better....

Well, going to sleep now and hope I will have less pain tomorow.

While I am asleep a british friend will cover half the globe to get home.

And latest news: Polar Preet can realize her new arctic expedition this year as she doesn't have enough money.
One way or another there are many parrallels between her and my life.







.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. I'm glad you took the tape off your feet. If it caused swelling and discomfort, then if wasn't helping, so why have it? And you are wise to read the information on the pills they gave you and make an educated decision not to take them. I am getting more and more leery of the medicines they try to make us take for so many things these days. Oftentimes it seems the "cure" is worse than the disease. At some point we have to be our own best advocate and do what is best for ourselves. I am sorry you are missing out on things you would like to do. I can imagine that is really getting "old". I hope it's not for much longer and things will start getting better for you soon. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela. I have always followed my own view on medical issues. My former cardiologist and I think that has made me survive the heartproblem. Where other cardiologist said to move around and start sporting to "train the muscle",with the idea that the contractions would finally get the heart smaller, my cardiologist said to rest and give nature the time for correction. "Rivers won't retract when more and more water is put in them." I followed his advice and here I am.
      So after the last talk with my present cardiologist I wrote it all down... maybe he can do some good with it.
      The weather is getting better. After a day of sun it is grey and it will rain a bit, but the temperature is going up. Some stones need to be put under the legs of the bench for stability and tomorrow I might have a bit of time outside.
      Yeay!!!

      Huggggssss

      Delete