Teaching, Coat, LADA

 


Taught two classes yesterday.
Interesting how both groups had the idea that a false positive result of a screeningtest is not a problem.
A false positive means that for instance a woman is told a tumor has been discovered on the mammogam, but in fact there is nothing or just a cyst.
As these are the future policy makers I thought it well worth to tell them my experience, so they would never forget that also false positive can be life changing.

For the readers who don't know.
I had a mammogram made that was ridiculous, as my arm was caught in the machine and the woman thought I was just complaining. (Result: very blue arm, and a complaint.). After the arm was removed she used far too much pressure, so the cyst I already had for 15 years was looking lot larger, and looked like a tumor. I got another GP than my own calling me in panic.
Had to go to hospital immediately, got a new mammogram and then had to have an ultrasound. Was lucky a friend did it, so I got the result immediately.
But even though nothing was the matter they wanted me to go to a doctor to have him assess me, have students "get a feel" too... without asking me for permission. So I told them I wouldn't go to a doctor. Then the nurse wanted to speak me and acted like she was my mother...  She was very unkind. I walked away after thanking her and she shouted through the hallway that I had to come back.

I informed my GP nothing was the matter.
He got called in the evening that I refused medical treatment!!!
He could tell there was no place for any treatment, so they acted ridiculous.
After this I have never gone to a breast screening anymore.

So this has costs a lot of emotions and money.
And this way people are lost for the screening.





Got an appology from the secretary for asking me an hour before a lesson at uni to teach. I can barely manage that when I can walk in a normal way...hurrying to the bus..etc.
But now I have to arrange son2 to drive me, which takes time as he needs at least 20 minutes to get here... if he is at home... and I need my daughter to manage the wheelchair.



Got an appointment with the orthopedist to have a look at my neck and shoulder.
Half march, so that's very quick.

The GP thinks he will also look at the cavernoma that was found on the MRI.
Well, that's up to the neurologist... but we'll see.





Next week they'll come to measure the windows..
We're getting new ones.
Because there is stuff in front of the window we need to remove that.
I would have done it myself within an hour, but now I have to find someone to do it.

Yes,my daughter is living here too. But she is ill, and I see her just a few short moments a day.
I was lucky she did the dishes today. But just because my hands are hurting and the nails keep breaking. As far as I still have nails.

And a few other jobs need tobe done too.
Like pruning the tree, and putting the flagstand on the wall.

Let's hopes someone will do it.... after I have waited almost two years.





Found a nice coat with lots of colour and flowers and decided to order it. 
It might be good for the wedding... on top of one of my black trousers.
Because I don't know if they want peopleto wear a hat or hairpiece, I looked for something and found a lace looking one that matched the coat.
As the shoes were on sale I had a look and with my thick foot in mind found a pair flat ones and a pair that closed with elastic bands. I decided for a lage size. I can fill up the left one if needed, but it would mean my right foot fits in a shoe that looks better than the orthopedic shoe.

Ordering online from the other side of the world is so much cheaper than ordering here!!!







Souleymane Cissé from Mali has died at the age of 84 years.
He was the best African moviemaker, and the first who reached a worldpublic.
Yeelen is still considered the best African movie ever.
You can watch it here 





Tomorrow to the new endocrinologist.
I am curious what he wants... continue treatment in hospital or refer me back to the GP.
I would like to stay in hospital. Better access to the diabetes nurse and to proper knowledge.

The main theme for me should be the tests for LADA.
I have had one anti-body assessed...not found. But there are at least 4 others, and even though having one of them is rare... more often I have hit what we call: "The small numbers".
Being recognised as having LADA means better diabetic care.

We already had a discussion through the mail. He was not happy that I had made the choice to see the diabetes nurse first... as he is the doctor!! I told him it was not my intention to step on his medical toes. That I know that both professions have their own expertise and I needed that of the nurse more at that moment.
He either takes this and moves on... or he will be cranky and already dislikes me.

We'll see.




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment