DEXA Scan...done

 


In the morning I first gave a long lesson.
After arrival I sat down at one of the classrooms. We were given 2 classrooms for 2 teachers, and they left it up to us to get one large group and teach together or each get out own.
I like to have my own group. I don; t care how large. But when I prepare I prepare to give it alone and I am sure they will get all the contect there is to be given, in an entertaining and good way. I don't like the loss of aimless talking, advertisements for the own patient organisation, etc etc,
For me the student is central and I want them to incoorporate some thoughts and thought behaviour that will mke them continuously reflect on their own behaviour and skills.

A few students passed me in the small corridor and I asked them where they were going. To one of the assigned locations. "OK, stay with me then." So they did.

Then an old guy came and said he was a fill in, but very capable to teach because...etc etc.
One way or another I immediately decided not to teach with him. I withheld myself telling him that self promotion is not needed...
So I told him where he needed to go, asked if he had prepared well (Oh yes, I always prepare as the best") and told him where the location of the elevator.

After a few minutes he came back.
"I have a lot of students there... is that normal?"
I pointed to those of mine..."Yep, is good for discussions."

We had a good time: me and my group.
One half was very serious and dedicated, one half was joking around, loud and not very concentrated.
I divided them up, in exactly their group.
First sat with the serious group and gave them information how to deal with the tasks ahead, an then sat with the loud group, and pulled them into a confersation, guiding them to the task at hand and participating in their task, which made them calm and concentrated. Turned out they were just as serious and dedicated as the other group, and just as eager to learn, just needed they hyped behaviour be broken ad their focus targetted. (I call it group ADHD.)

The rest of the lesson was very good, leading to thorough advice for their tests too.

After the lesson the guy came to complain about the content of the tasks. 
"It's not for you, it's for the students.", was the only reaction I could give.
In a way I wondered if those students got all they needed...

We parted and on our way out my own student...I am mentoring one, saw me and started to talk with us.
The guy stood suddenly beside us and was listening in.
My daughter was driving my wheelchair and felt very bothered by the guy. She knows my student well, so she closed our circled, but he was still there.

Then he started o talk to her.
She has artificial feeding. He pointed at the tube..."Oh , I see you are on oxygen.".
"No, I am not."
"I can help you with a new device."
"I am not on oxygen."
"Oh, but I can help you."
"Thank you. My doctor is OK and he too knows this is not an oxygentube, but a feeing tube."
"Yes, but..."
With more pressure: "Mr. I am not on oxygen, this is a tube for artificial feeding."
"But for oxygen they use those tubes too."
"No sir, those tubes end in both nostrils. This one ends in my stomach. And I don't have an oxygenflask."
...I guess she finally got it.

When we went outside we both were happy I decided not to teach with him.
I would have expelled him! LOL!

After a short lunchtime at the restaurant, eating a very nice non-sugary yoghurt with berries, which left us refreshed, we went to the bone density scan. (DEXA scan.)
I knew the nurse. She used to work at the children's department when my kids where young, and she then had already a respectable age.

Got the scan, but I couldn't see anything.

They days before I planned to call the department to ask if they would also do a spinal series, but I simply had no opportunity.
I got a different pillow and immediatey asked: "the spinal series too?".
"Yes".

In a way I was happy it was done, because it gives a good picture of the whole situation of my backbone,
on the other hand: that means I have osteoporosis. Unless this hospital does it as a routine, to save time and money by calling patient in again after the DEXA result.

I decided not to aks any further.

Plenty of people in the waitingroom...






.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment