I was quite surprised to open my mail and find tat the GP had send me a message.
Turned out she already had the result of the DEXA scan. (Bone density).
I don't have osteoporosis, which is a relief!
But I do have osteopenia, which means that the mineralcontent of my bones is low.
This might or might not lead to osteoporosis.
It means I have to move more.
That won't be a problem once I can walk again.
After months of hanging on the couch I felt the need to move, so already took part in short chair exercises. And I tried to take steps in the home.
Next monday physiotherapy will start.
With a new physiotherapist. A woman. I hope I feel better at home with her.
I also need to change my diet.
Which will be more of a problem.
I know what to do, but getting the groceries in... that's the problem here.
They also took a look at my spine.
The computer couldn't compute a number...So the GP called the radiologist.
He didn't see any spine problems yet.. so let's hope he is right.
I wonder what the problem was with the computer? My bending spine?
For now I am OK with the diagnosis.
I hope to improve the bone density or at least stop it getting worse.
..


Yes, an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", so they say. So whatever you can do to help prevent the development of osteoporosis will be well worth the effort. And I am sure once you can get those ankles/feet going again you will be back to "normal" in no time. But it does take some steady as you go movement...little at a time and rebuilt your strength. It's amazing how weak we get when we aren't able to move around like we are used to doing. Glad your report was actually quite good, all things considered! And the physical therapy will be a good "outing" for you, or does she come to your house? Either way, the communication with another helpful and concerned person will be good for you in many ways. You are making good progress!! Hooray!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so right. It's so good to see other faces, and now she turned out to be a good match it's even a better time. I'm doing some chair yoga and other exercises to get my body a bit stronger. Not too much...just a bit. Thanks you for all yur great support!!
Delete