I even switched the phone off


I even switched the phone off.

Some days contain too many things to deal with.

Daughter1 has been dealing with endometriosis for a couple of years now. She's from 1995, so far too young in my eyes.

Her first surgery was not done well.
I remember the surgeon reporting that she had found nothing. She hadn't explored much, as my daughter was too young.

The pain came back, worse, and her own gynaecologist had a good look at the video of the surgery and was appalled, as she saw the endometriosis right in front of her on the screen.
So my daughter got a new operation, by her own gynaecologist, a large operation. A lot of endometriosis was removed.
We were all relieved.

But not for long.
She is in so much pain!
Today she spoke with her gynaecologist and it was decided she will be admitted to hospital one of these days to find out which medication will be best.
She has a problem dealing with morphine and her doc doesn't want to take a risk of anaphylactic shock outside the hospital.

So the bag is packed...and we'll wait for the call.




Son1 and I were supposed to go to London for the coronation.
Keep the family tradition alive.

So I was told we would go May 3 and return May 8.
Sounded like a good plan, maybe the place to sleep was a bit too far away... but everything was arranged.
Problem was leaving from Schiphol. But that was changed to Eindhoven... half the distance.
So yesterday we got one of the other sons agree to drive us to the airport, as there will be a trainstrike.

Then I was asked if I would mind to go by bus on the way back. 
Not really... as we won't take much luggage by plane and can take some extra stuff back by bus.
So I was really looking forward to going.
My daughters wanted me to go, as they're grown up enough to deal with what is going on.

Then I heard...through one of the kids that there have been more changes:
we're leaving May 4 and leave May 7...

Earlier this year we had something like that too, when we were supposed to go to Edinburgh for my birthday. I was asked months before, had made a lot of preparations and he suddenly let me down.

So I think the same will happen again.

Some days have just too much to deal with.
My daughter's problems are number 1 now.



I just didn't want to hear any more disappointing news.
I even switched the phone off.




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment