Too much in too short a time.



I'll be leaving today superstressed and tired.

Yesterday there were many things popping up that needed to be done, whether I wished it or not.

One of them was a mail from the woman who has to decide whether I get compensation for the aid-items I needed after the accident with my ankle.
I just wanted the crutches, special shoes, etc paid by them. I was insured by them for that.

But she has started a whole process of disability assessment and I am not happy with that.

Yesterday it turned out she didn't send my details to the own medical advisor, but to an external organisation. The reviews were very unfavorable. According to people who had been n contact with them they were rude.
Under normal circumstances I can deal with rude... if necessary I act as a mirror, and when it involves veterans they are so surprised, also by their own actions, that they stop and change their behaviour.

And she should have asked my permission first.
I got a mail to digitally sign something and I thought it was physing!!!

It's nice that the external organisation wants to involve the physiotherapist too, but she has left her profession and starts today a new job.

And when I was in hospital for the check up, it was bones and plates and screws which were observed, but there was no attention for the numbness of that foot at all. Or how I struggle. Caught between back and foo. 
I mentioned that none had looked if the slipped disk might have happened during the fall.
It might...

This new medical advisor organisation wants to assess my files... not me.

So I kindy have answered that I will think about it.
That I wanted the financial consequence compensated and I am not after disability money.

That I would see their reaction when I am back annd I will have my thoughts go over this and contact them when I am back!


There were also other matters to attend to.

Far too many things. After the uplifting call about the trip I spend 4 hours without break answering all the issues, arranging things for others, answering questions, etc etc.
And dealing with a nasty bronchitis doesn't help.





On top of it the cardiologist wants me to take a medication I don't want. "If you don't agree with me, take half the dosage.". LOL!!
Luckily I bumped against a veteran who is also a retired cardiologist.
He agreed with my vision about the diagnosis.
To him it's quite simple.
If my cardiologist wants me to keep taking all the pills, he thinks the improvent has to do with the medication and he expects a relapse when I stop.
My thought.
So he doesn't agree with his own mistake of changing the diagnosis, because in that case stopping the medication won't be a problem at all.
I suggested to stop the medication.. and he wanted to keep me on it and wanted a consultation.
Fine with me.

The retired cardiologist suggested another medication to replace the one that isn't available anymore.
And it was the one I had in the past and when I started them I soon felt improvement. I had to stop because of financial considerations. But I am perfectly fine taking them...

So I mailed my own cardiologist and said them if he needed a consultation with "appropriate urgency", he can plan one in the weeks I gave him. Otherwise I will make an appointment which will take 2 or 3 months... 

I will suggest the other medication whn I am back from England.

I have seen there is a slight issue with my heart, but it's not serious at all.
I am 70!!
So one can expect some deviations from normal.
And... eh... Have I ever been normal??





Thanks to the veterans organising the camp there is a lot of talk about the beds.
That my campfriend doesn't want a bed in his tent for me has upset quite some men.
Even more than me.

I just said that I would try sleeping on the floor, but with my hand now it's even more difficult to get up.
Opening up to the guy who was unkind last week has made him think. He is as old as I am...
So he is one of the people who came with the suggestion to bring a military cod to the camp here, in two weeks.

No reaction yet from my camp friend.
He will come to this camp.
He sleeps in his little tent... and we have a huge... eh ...HUGE!!! one!
Yes, he comes from the north...and yes... he is stubborn... LOL!





I am chatting away a bit.
Have weighed the suitcases and the new one is 1,5 kg heavier.
Fine when I am not alone...so fine for november.

I took the old one, had enough space left for the fanny pack.
So I can take it out before going to Eurostar after arrival in Rotterdam.
Has a space in front for the walking cane.
And it feels better.
I know it's behaviour on the uneven streets to the hotel.
Son1 will bring all the cookies I had as a present.
(Next time I will return to small gadgets)

Now it's time to have a good shower and decide what to wear... Things are ready, but of course I can change my mind... based upon the weather.

Son2 will bring me to the railwaystation.
I have to transfer once at a railwaystation I know.

Eurostar will give assistance, inn London too.

Then walk a few hundred meters on wellknown uneven London pavement,
and arrive and see a familiar face.

I am curious which room he will give me.

Don't know yet what I will do this evening.
We'll see.

Tomorrow I'll leave there at 10.30.
Maybe try the bus to Waterloo.
Get a senior railcard..

Train takes about 45 to 60 minutes.
Bus: 50 minutes
Check in hotel: 15.00

So leaving from Waterloo in a relaxed way is OK.

I can have a lunch either at Waterloo or Basingstoke.

Great!


See you !!!

Take care!!

















 

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment