Happy Homemaker Monday - 18 -





 *** The Weather *** 

Last week we've had a day with 23 degrees Celsius!!!
That used to be a summer temperature.
After the draught we've had some rain.

Yesterday I opened the front door annd was welcomes by a blow in my face of hot moist air. Brr.
It felt like a heavy blanket.

Today it's very grey.

They say the temperatures will go down...

In England the night temperatures will stay below 10, to be precise: between 3 and 7!!! Brrr...

The days won't give more than around 16.

Feels like spring is over.. But it's raining!!


*** Right now I am *** 

Tired.
Recently I am not going back to bed after waking up for a trip to the bathroom.
That way it's less painful to go downstairs and the pain in my back is cleared earlier.

So I was downstairs very early today.

They came to empty the green bins an hour earlier than usual, so it just feels like the day started inn a rather normal way.

I also feel a bit stressed. If the trip will be cancelled... like last time we used this aircompany. And I had ordered some gifts, and they probably won't arrive in time.
 

*** Thinking and pondering *** 

It's Remembrance Day here.

Vandals have sprayed paint on the national monument, stating there is no attention for what is happening in Gaza.

There is a lot of attention for the horrors that are happening there. Some people who love here have family there.

Those activists don't realize that most jewish people who are here don't agree with the politics of Israel. That's one of the reasons they are here and not in Israel.

They people we remember today fought against exactly that: oppression, war, deciding over the lives of others without any respect.
They didn't do that by spraying paint, or attacking other civilians... but by directly fighting the oppressors.

*** How I am feeling ***

I am not happy about what is going on in the world, nor what happens in society.
Wish I could do something to stop it.

I feel I am more aware of danger. I used to travel without looking around. Just saying where we would meet in case we would get lost/separated.

Now I have arranged things better. Not only insurance, but also what to do, having important items in a hipbag so if I have to step aside, everything is on me. And I observe.

Living here, underneath sea level, we were aware of the dangers of the weather and the ultimate danger of the water coming. Now we are aware that we can be under attack anytime. By a person who has lost it, by people who intentionally want to create chaos, and by worse.

I also worry about my grown up kids more.

It's worse than during the cold war.


 

*** looking back***

I would have liked to ask my father and gram so much more about WW2.
And I would have liked to stay in contact with the family he stayed with: Ball, and Brotherton. In Wolverhampton.


*** On the breakfast plate ***

Scrambled egg. Well, 2.

*** on the lunch plate ***

My standard sandwich with cheese in the airfryer. 

*** On the dinner plate *** 

Probably an instant soup and a salad.

*** On the menu *** 

For tomorrow my pre-travel dinner: fries.

In England I will have two stays:

At the camp... things will be there. Probably bread with egg... as it doesn't upset my glucose too much. Lunch where we land during the day, or a quick bite of a cracker. Dinner made by our camp cook, which always is OK for me, as he knows what I can eat and can't eat. One of the evenings a BBQ.

And my friends have already planned 2 dinners in a restaurant. I paid at my birthday (quickly paid when I went to the toilets) and they didn't agree.
So I will have a special mother's day there. I was told it was planned and nothing else. So I will take a nice blouse with me, or find me one there in the shop beside the hotel.
I think one of the couples will take me to an Indian restaurant, the other will take me to something very nice and calm.

When I am there I will also think about buying shrimp sandwiches at Waitrose, and a pie at the local fries-shop.

Breakfasts will be at the Wetherspoon. Just a small one is more than enough for me. 
If we'll go to London on Monday we'll either eat at the club (love it!!) or a nice theatre restaurant nearby. And breakfast will be scrambled eggs on toast.

*** What I am wearing *** 

Some house stuff. I will dress nice towards the remembrance service.

*** On my reading pile *** 

Lots of medical stuff. Lots of books. And I have ordered a book for me and the girls in England. Found out that when you order a book it can be available in two days instead of more than 14!!

*** On my TV this week *** 

In aller Freundschaft, Casualty, Grey's Anatomy, Flying Doctors.

Watched:  The Six Triple Eight. Topmovie!!!


*** Looking around the house *** 

Hmm...lots to do when I can walk a bit better.

*** To do list for today*** 

Laundry...done
Fetch my cardigan for England, done

Write an article: almost done

Fetch some other clothes.
Prepare for the podotherapist tomorrow.


*** What I am creating *** 


Miniature studyroom.

*** In the craft basket ***

Lots of yarn, a couple of miniature kits. Got one more.

*** From the camera *** 

Have to upload more photos.


***spiritual***

Remember in respect...


.

Note:

I have been thinking about what was written about taking authority over a storm.
If it helps to alleviate fear, then it doesn something.
But I am too uch a scientist to think there must be a natural reason for a storm not hitting an area. Sometimes it is a difference in height, or an underground rock formation, among other reasons.

I think it's rather painful to use God to say that he helped to keep a storm away.
Like all those others deserved to be in fear and have their belongings destroyed.

Like I failed to protect my two baby daughters from dying.....

Just my thoughts.

.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment