My birthday with friends





Had a lot of fun with the kids on the app, as The Netherlands is one hour ahead.
So they started apping before it was 24.00 so 0 hours in England.

And they congratulated me again in the morning. LOL!



After breakfast I went to the coffee restaurant to say goodbye to the Friday Ladies, as I'll leave tomorrow.

Met two new ladies. One of them I had greeted several times in town (and she me.)

It was good to be together before leaving. We discussed our feelings about the present situation in the world. The fear.
But we also had a few good laughs.

I got big hugs when I left.
Felt like leaving home.





After that I spend the day with my friends and answering apps with congratulations.

Funny thing was that I went to the bathroom and came back to find something on my bed.
I first thought I might have thrown a sjawl on it. Noop. I don't have a sjawl with tiny stars.

It was a present from my companion: a double decker to save money.
A busdriver giving me a bus! LOL!




It was nice to catch up and discuss things.
And also have a look at the parachute season. Made some early plans.

We also prepared for leaving the next day. Well, there was not much to do.
Get stuff in the suitcase and throw the rest in an extra bag.



In the evening we went to dinner.
It was raining such a lot that some places started to flood.

At the restaurant we had to wait.
First two young men needed a table. 
One was in a wheelchair and he was ignored.
He looked at my cane.
When the woman of the restaurant had to ask them something, she adresssed his companion. He looked at me and we suddenly started to laugh.
"She will be have a surprise if she asks my friends who reserved the table.. I did."
"I should have done...", he said, and we started to laugh again.
"I know, sometimes I am in a wheelchair too. Lower altitude... I think they assume the IQ drops enormously because of that."
It was nice to have a laugh and understanding.

Later I heard them talk... no way his intelligence had suffered.




When we finally got a table we were glad to sit down.

I got two bags with suprises: cards, a book, a nice poetic small board, and two sjawls. First the givers were a bit embarrassed, but when I said I was very happy with both of them, things were OK.

In the meantime we were asked for our choice.

I had hardly time to look, so made the wrong choice.
The person who guided my choice for this restaurant took chicken.
Pity... he was very clear he wanted a vegetarian choice, so I pushed a restaurant I liked better aside, to give him his choice.

i forget to look properly what I liked in this restaurant...

Well, I was with my friends and realized a dream to have my birthday with them.




The dessert they took was gorgeous!
I had a coffee.

G. had been insisting I wouldn't pay on my birthday, but I invited them..
So I went to the toilet and asked on my way there if the girl could get things ready for me to pay.
So when I came back I just had to push my card in the machine.
As it was my first time there I had the offer of 40% off the main part of the meal.
She winked and said": "don't tell anyone I made a mistake". She had taken 40% off the total.
Nice birthday present!


We all went to the hotel and sat together for a while, than said our goodbyes.
So sad to see them go.

Then we had a last drink at P's room. He has two chairs there.

It was a very nice birthday!

Thanks all for making it special!


Just a few photos: here


.
.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. I just went and looked at your pictures and came back here. You really had a lovely birthday! I am SO happy for you!!! You have some very wonderful friends there, and I am glad that they celebrated your birthday so wonderfully with you!! I love the shawl/scarf...it's beautiful!!!! And that little bus bank is so cute! What a sweet idea. And then the nice extra discount on the bill...that was really sweet!!! All in all, the pictures and the story, are wonderful. Is there a reason why you don't want to put the pictures with the story on the same blog post? Just curious. I loved seeing the picture of YOU! That's a rare treat indeed! So cute!!! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special birthday. Yes, 70 is a great milestone! I am 5 years ahead of you, but I still can't believe I'm that old! Time sure flies... This was great. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete