
This week's tune? Hear it here.
- This song is about a young man who is happy to hear his phone ring. How about you? How do you feel when your phone rings? (Excited, annoyed, surprised, etc.)
Not many people have my phone number. So a call is either from one of the kids, a friend, or about some medical thing. So I am fine with those.
An unknown call makes me feel annoyed. I never take unknown calls. People who want to reach me and are not in my list will be able to mail me. - He's got James Taylor on the stereo. Are you a James Taylor fan?
I am not not a fan, but I won't call me a fan.
I am OK with his music. - He tells his girl he's been hanging with his buddies, Tony and Mario, but they're no substitute for her. What friend did you recently spend time with? What did you do?
I have spend time with my British friends. We went to our meeting place at Remembrance Sunday in London.
Saw the one I consider my brother already the day before.
And saw my camping friend a few more days, on and off.
We've been spending time sitting together, have dinner, visiting a museum, etc. - Tony and Mario were real people. They ran a restaurant frequented by the songwriters. Did you dine out this past week?
Yes, we went to dine out, but not as posh as other years.
In fact I ate 3 times the same in one week... - "Rings" is the only hit for the band Cymarron, who hailed from Memphis, a town known for classic southern comfort foods like biscuits and gravy, cornbread and mashed potatoes. What's on the menu at your home this weekend?
Not the faintest idea. But... I am preparing to see a new doctor, who will certainly comment on my weight (still haven't lost what I gained during the time with my legs up!). So it will be very responsible food, like a salad and such. - The boys in Cymarron took their name from their favorite TV show, the Western Cimarron Strip. What TV show are you currently enjoying? Maybe your fellow Sat9ers would like it, too.
Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, In aller Freundshaft, and I wonder when Casualty will come back on BBC1. - In 1971, when this song was popular, the US Mint introduced the Eisenhower Silver Dollar. Is there any change in your wallet or pocket right now?
Yes, a bit of English money and Dutch coins of course. - Also in 1971, Mattel introduced Malibu Barbie, the doll with a tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed?
No! I will burn alive, I assume. (red hair, pale skin...) - Random question – If we were to ask your friends, which of these qualities would they say they like best about you: your warmth, your sense of humor, or your intelligence?
Haha...all three, they would say.

Sounds like you had a great trip yo London
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers! I was born with freckles and red tints in my brunette hair (of course it's now silver hahah ) so I have to be careful in the sun shine and i never go to tanning beds. Not even when i was a teen.
ReplyDeleteI love a good salad! it's the dressing with all the calories that I have to be careful of.
HAPPY SAT!
Sounds like you're feeling better today, being in your "place" and with your pals. That's good.
ReplyDelete