Saturday 9 - A Little in Love

 

Caught up with the last two.

This week's tune? Hear it here.

 

  1. Do you believe you can be a little in love? Or is romance an all-or-nothing proposition for you?

    Yes, I think you can be a little in love.
    Not taking action on it won't develop it into full love.

    I have also experienced that more knowledge about a person kept my feelings of being in love within limits.

  2. Cliff Richard sings that he knows it's been a long time since you had fun. Is that true? When have you recently had a really good time? What were you doing?

    Often I find fun in small things, so it's not long ago.
    I have been to england and have spend time with my friends.
    Had a really good time.
    What I have been doing?
    You can read about it when I have finished the posts about it.

  3. Cliff was born in India when it was still part of the UK. When he was 8, his family relocated to Tilbury, an English port town. Have you ever lived near the sea?

    When I was 8, when I was in the children's home.
    I love to live near the sea.
    A couple of years ago I have been back there.
    Expected to have bad memories, but instead I had the feeling I wanted to live there.

  4. In 1958, Cliff became a star in England. He was so influential that young John Lennon said he dreamed someday the Beatles would be as big as Cliff Richard. Yet for some reason, he was never as popular here in the US. Before today, had you ever heard of Cliff Richard?

    Yes. I know quite some songs by heart.

  5. 1980 was Cliff's most successful year stateside. Both "A Little in Love" and his duet with Olivia Newton-John, "Suddenly," made the Top 10. Do you have a favorite Olivia Newton-John song?

    No.

  6. Cliff was once "a little in love" himself. He had a high-profile romance with British pro tennis player Sue Barker. They contemplated marriage, but in his memoir Cliff admitted he wasn't ready to commit the rest of his life to her. Cliff never married but Sue went on to wed landscape gardener Lance Tankard. Have you ever employed a gardener? Or do you handle all the yard work yourself? 

    No, I have never employed anyone.
    I do all the gardening myself or ask a son to prune at heights I can't reach.

  7. In 1980, when we were enjoying "A Little in Love" on the radio, Macaulay Culkin was born. He became famous for the Home Alone franchise. Have you seen any Home Alone movies?

    Yes, one. ***yawn***

  8. 1980 also gave us the Post-It Note. Today they are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but the original 4"x4" canary yellow Post-Its are still the best seller. Would we find Post-Its in your home or office right now?

    Yes. The original and the new ones with colours and even ones with a decoration.

  9. Random question – You're having a crummy day. Nothing is going right. You run into a casual friend in the grocery store aisle. As you chat, do you think your mood would be obvious? Or could you successfully put on a happy face? 

    The happy face will be there.
    It's my profession to  use my face as a tool or keep it blanc.

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments: