6 things I want to change in my house...
- Another door between room and stairs.
- New drawer in the kitchen.
- New table in the back room, so I can go through the bookshelves, get rid of what can be given away. Rearrange things.
- New floor in the toilet
- Tidying the boys' room and changing it in hobbyroom for the whole family.
- Hanging the back room curtain and putting the couch cover on the couch. They're already here...


Those are all noble projects! Little by little they sound like they would be doable. I'm not sure what you mean by a door between the room and stairs...are these stairs inside your house going up to your bedrooms? Or is this leading to an outdoor set of stairs? Oh, and a new couch cover...I need a new one, but haven't attempted to find one yet. I just keep using different blankets, etc. to go with the seasons, and that seems to work out okay for now. And changing your boys' room into a hobby room sounds really nice. Perhaps the "boys" could help you do that. Do they still have personal belongings there or are they fully moved out? I guess they are, I know one got married recently. Anyway, I hope someone will help you create that space into more usable space for you. I have a similar room, that is our youngest son's room, but he's not living here anymore, but his STUFF is. I keep telling him it's time to figure out something to get rid of a lot of stuff so I can convert that room into a better guest room or something...at least to get it CLEAN!!! But just getting him to stay here long enough to do that is a chore in itself. I may just take matters into my own hands one of these days and throw out a lot of stuff. However, that is taking a big risk that it may be something he really wanted to keep...so I keep giving him warnings. LOL. Someday...
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind and helpful comments on my recent posts. I always appreciate hearing from you!
Yes, it's inside the house. We have a door between the livingroom and the stairs to the bedrooms.
DeleteI bought a couch cover a while ago, but the couch needs to be moved a bit to get it well on it. Can't move the couch myself.
Some have still the belongings there. So when I start there I'll put a few boxes ready, with their names on it.
The help I need from them is putting the pavement tiles higher outside the back door.
And do some other things.
They're not very helpfull.
So I've made photos of Mr. J's stuff, put then on what's app, and had them point out what they wanted. That worked.
The boy's room will result in a set of boxes for each of them. I will keep the boxes available
one or two extra weeks, and otherwise I'll either give their stuff away or throw it away.
That works far better than warning.
I pay the full rent, and can't use that room at the moment. That's not the way how it should be.
Not the way it should be at your place.
Box his stuff when he doesn't show up to do it himself within 14 days.
Hope it works out soon!