Final result of the ankle



Got the usual x-ray made by one of the young women who recognised me.
We had a laugh, photos were made, very efficient, and I went to the surgeon.

He was happy with the photos, even though one of the fractures needed a bit more time.
Scar was healed very late, but it healed.

He tested the foot and said I would always have limited movement. but he was still impressed I managed to walk.

He stressed he really thought I would never walk again, as he was shocked the fractures were that complex!
He did all he could and it worked out.
His main worry was the back part that was completely shattered and couldn't in any way be fixed with a plate. It's only natural it does feel not moving...

He won't take out the screw that bothers me a bit, because it's just a bit bother. It probably rubs the soft tissue. If the pain gets worse, however I need to come back.

The cartilage was seriously damaged, so he expects pain in the future.
We'll see what we'll do then.

He complimented me and the physiotherapist, because no screws got loose, nothing fractured again, and nothing of the plates or screws got broken.

The stiffness will get a bit less in time, but some of it will stay.
I have to be careful.

He was very happy with the result.

I asked him about the bisphosphonates, and to my surprise he had the same ideas as I had and started to explain what it does to the bone and how it makes a possible next surgery very difficult, the same way as I had explained my daughter.

Ofcourse I am very grateful for what he has done.

But when I was finally at home, after more than 1,5 hour !!! because the busses had problems, it hit me that I will always walk with problems.

I know, walking in itself is a miracle, but it's no automatism anymore, but a job...

Being gratful and being sad at the sametime.

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. I am very happy for you to have this good report, even with its limitations. The good news is you are walking, and that in itself sounds like a bit of a miracle! So we rejoice with you...and pray that in time the stiffness, etc., will work itself out. You may not be able to run races, but you can get where you're going in due time. (((hugs))) and cheers for you! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Oh...imagine: running.... In fact I never liked that anyway. I always had a bag with me, so that bothered me while running. And with my back it never felt right.
      I have won once... at school... with a strategy I learned from my father... It was more brains than fast feet. LOL!

      Wish I had taken a photo of his face!!!



      Delete