Insight by three

 


The physiotherapy session today was very interesting.

Again my knee was hurting. At the same place: the outer tendons.

I told I had been to the podotherapist, who said it was a blockage in the foot.
He freed the blockage, my knee reacted. Didn't turn inward anymore with a certain manipulation, but it kept hurting. And it was not supposed to.

"Maybe we have to look the other way... just like with my shoulder. Maybe it comes from the distortion in the back?"

The physio and the intern looked at each other.

Without a word the intern took her phone and went looking.....

and in the meantime we studied my walking again... in minute detail.

Because I had not been walking much, slow, and only with a lot of concentration it could not have been seen.
But now I have gained a bit of confidence and walk with less concentration... (the physio kept me talking about the weekend...) it gradually became clear that my foot was not placed completely right on the floor.
It had to find it's place between the fixed floor and the direction my back sends it.. and cover the gap, creating tension on the tendons.

Hence my feeling my soles had to be a bit higher at the inside.. and the refusal of the podotherapist to do so, because it would cause more tension on the tendons (under normal conditions.)

So the attention has shifted from supporting the foot, to supporting the knee.

It was a good lesson for the intern.
It was an effort of us three.

And we now can work on finding out what is best to prevent the pain and try to prevent any more problems.

As I plan to go to the camp in England at the end of the month we have made a schedule of slowly extending walking distance.

Lucky me!!



We had our theory!!








.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Oh, I love how great minds all work together to come up with answers and plans! Glad you had that insight that got them thinking and studying things a bit more. I'm glad they listened to you. We seem to know our bodies best and it's a wise doctor who listens to his patient and doesn't just dismiss him/her by thinking they know best. I am happy you have a goal to work toward. That will help you heal even better and quicker. This is all good news! Have a lovely rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing how problems I have had all my life now come together and can be explained. A couple of weeks ago I said to my cardiologist that there is a tendency to think that I can't have physical problems. It took people far over 50 years to finally find out why I couldn't lift much, had problems carring a backpack, couldn't stand as long as other people,etc etc. Well, now we know.

      Delete