We met at the parking place near the Mac, changed cars, son2 went with J to the paragroup, and I went home with M.. We had a nice time together before we went to the paragroup too.
Paul was really surprised, and happy he could speak english without repeating things or run the risk of being misunderstood.
It was nicetosee everyone again.
The weather was not good enough for jumps, but an old man came to show a real WW2 parachute. He wanted someone to jump with it, whch was impossible because of the weather. But one of the men put the harness on and ran the open canopee. (You can see it here. )
The canopee was very soft... real silk.
It was a pity son2 had to leave for home early, I would have liked a dinner with Paul and some others.
I walked a lot that day. About the same distance I have to walk in England when arriving by train and going to Kings Cross Station. It was with a limp, but I didn't experience much extra pain.
Sunday was a calm day.
At 3 in the night son2 called. Fire in our neighbourhood.
Quite handy another journalist in the family.
We got dressed and went to have a look.
When we opened the door we heard the firefighters arrive.
Soon after, knocking at a door.
We took some pictures for son2, but he turned up from the other side.
To our suprise the fire was caused by a canabis plantation inside the house. Wow!!!
Soon after we left...
This morning I was awake early
Had the painters at the door.
Told the guy that there were supposed to be here tomorrow.
"But I had a talk with your husband..."
"Amazing. He died over half a year ago, and his ashes were scattered rather far from here...."
They'll paint the house tomorrow.
In the morning I got good news from a veteran I supported a while ago.
Sitting alone all afternoon.. again... I was thinking about the distance I had walked saturday.
About my friends in England...
So I decided to exchange opinions about going at the end of April.
That was no exchange...that was a decision!!
I will be going if the physiotherapist agrees... Think she will.
Campingbed is arranged already. LOL!
As the photos of the weekend were crap, and it was the last day of some special offers of the camera shop, I had a look and decided for a simple camera. I've saved for a camera a long time, and this way I can take photos and have a calm look around for something real good.
So it was a day full of decisions.


HOORAY!!! I am so happy for you to be making these decisions! And I just went over and looked at that post from your weekend...(I didn't know you had that other blog!) And Then I finally see a picture of YOU! You look much younger than I imagined, and a redhead too! (I was a redhead growing up, but it has turned dark with age and now the gray is finally starting to peek through). Now I feel more like I know who I am talking to when I write and you write. I am so happy you are going to make that trip. I know you will be able to do it. I will keep praying for it all to work out for you. Funny about the painter, btw.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Didn't know I had that blog either.
DeleteMade it when I saw I had no photoblog for 2025. I need to put a link there to the not updated one of 2024.
Waiting for the painter now.....