I will have a short night as I have to be up and about early in the morning.
The orthopedist has planned an MRI of the spine as an urgency, so it's planned at the only time that was available: the first patient at sunday morning.
I didn't even know that they did MRI's on sunday mornings too.
Because of the camp during the last weekend of the month (Still no confirmation of the travel arrangements) the appointment with the orthopedist has been moved to the second half of the month of May.
I assume that when the outcome of the MRI is concerning him he will call me next week.
To be prepared I will pack my hospitalbag...

We were there 20 minutes early, which was not a problem at all as everyone was already there and everything was ready.
We talked about the medicine registery secretary, who had put my kindneyproblems as a reaction to a certain contrastmedium down as: oedema.
It had annoyed me, and the radiologist was irritated too.
But this time no contrast was needed, but it was a good lesson for the student there.
I had to put my head in a kind of bowl, which was not uncomforatble at all.
Then got some wirework on top of my head, which wasa bit strange, biut it contained a mirror, so I could see the cabin where they were working. I think that is a great help for people who are claustrofobic.
It took away the star trek experience I had the last time... that was a pity.
Laying flat on my back is a huge problem, but I had decided not to push the button and to lay completely stiff without movement.
That meant that instead of 40 minutes they needed about 10 minutes less!
I had headphones with music of the regional radiostation. Forgot that it was so early that they had a boring program on. My mistake. LOL!
My thoughts took me elsewhere until they started to play proper music.
When they got me out of the machine I was stiff and even a bit dizzy.
They were so kind!
The rest of the day I had pain in my back of laying flat and as straight as possible.
Which makes me doubt if it won't be a good thing if the oldest has failed to book to trip to England.
I try to keep on going.
Nomy daughter can't do the binbags due to complications after surgery, I had to do it all myself.
I managed the plastic waste..I have to see if I get both bags on the street tonight.
But I couldn't lift the other waste... Couln't even get the bag out of the bin.
None to help.
They want the elderly to stay in their own neighbourhood but not once has someone even offered support,
All have seen how I walk, the gossipmachine has worked well, so all know we are struggling at the moment.
I am sure I don't want to stay here...
Now it's waiting for the result of the scan.
As said: I won't be surprised when the orthopedist calls.
I can feel my back is causing more problems than before.
Hopefully it's a bit better tomorrow.
We talked about the medicine registery secretary, who had put my kindneyproblems as a reaction to a certain contrastmedium down as: oedema.
It had annoyed me, and the radiologist was irritated too.
But this time no contrast was needed, but it was a good lesson for the student there.
I had to put my head in a kind of bowl, which was not uncomforatble at all.
Then got some wirework on top of my head, which wasa bit strange, biut it contained a mirror, so I could see the cabin where they were working. I think that is a great help for people who are claustrofobic.
It took away the star trek experience I had the last time... that was a pity.
Laying flat on my back is a huge problem, but I had decided not to push the button and to lay completely stiff without movement.
That meant that instead of 40 minutes they needed about 10 minutes less!
I had headphones with music of the regional radiostation. Forgot that it was so early that they had a boring program on. My mistake. LOL!
My thoughts took me elsewhere until they started to play proper music.
When they got me out of the machine I was stiff and even a bit dizzy.
They were so kind!
The rest of the day I had pain in my back of laying flat and as straight as possible.
Which makes me doubt if it won't be a good thing if the oldest has failed to book to trip to England.
I try to keep on going.
Nomy daughter can't do the binbags due to complications after surgery, I had to do it all myself.
I managed the plastic waste..I have to see if I get both bags on the street tonight.
But I couldn't lift the other waste... Couln't even get the bag out of the bin.
None to help.
They want the elderly to stay in their own neighbourhood but not once has someone even offered support,
All have seen how I walk, the gossipmachine has worked well, so all know we are struggling at the moment.
I am sure I don't want to stay here...
Now it's waiting for the result of the scan.
As said: I won't be surprised when the orthopedist calls.
I can feel my back is causing more problems than before.
Hopefully it's a bit better tomorrow.


I do know the feelings you are experiencing after having an MRI of the spine, etc. I've had several over the years, having had some major back surgery and neck surgery (spinal fusions). Yes, the feeling of dizziness and unsteadiness and stiffness is so real, and it does take a while to recover. My prayer is that you are feeling better by now, and that whatever the MRI shows, they will know what is best to do for you to help relieve your pain and issues. I am sorry there is no one to help you get your trash bins out to the street. I know that is an issue...and you really need someone who can do that for you especially because of your ankle issues too. Please keep us posted as you get results. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the best.
ReplyDelete