Tuesday 4 - Gone with the Wind


 

  1. Have you read the book or seen the movie Gone with the Wind and what did you think of it?

    Yes. I did. About 51 years ago.
    I liked it.
    That is all I can remember.

  2. Which character was your favorite? If you didn't read it or see it. who is your favorite ficitional character from a book or movie and why?

    My favorite: no idea. It's too long agon and I have read too many books after that one.
    I am not really in all those "favorite"choices.
    But I think Heidie stayed the one since my childhood years.
    I have read different editions of the book when I was young. Saw different versions of the movie too.  And still like my first book and the first Heidie movie with Shirley Temple.
    Maybe because it opened a completely different world for me.

  3. Are you a fan of big epic films like Dr. Zhivago,  Gone with the Wind, etc." If not what kind of films do you enjoy the most?

    I have liked them.
    Now I like science fiction.
    Think I have dealt with the romantic aspects of life up to now in a way that left me not many positive feelings.

  4. The Ante Bellum era is indeed gone with the wind.  Is there an era in history that you are interested in or that you have a good deal of knowledge about? Perhaps there is an era you would like to learn more about?

    Pff... all eras have their positive and negative aspects.
    As I live too much in the present and have too much to do, I am not very busy with other eras.
    It would nice to live in a time in which normal people can travel in space. So future history. LOL!




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Comments:

  1. I still remember when the Jetsons were on television, a cartoon family that travelled around in space cars and had all kinds of technological advancement. I also remember a show called Lost in Space about a family that crashed on a planet somewhere and how they lived day to day. They were both very interesting. By the way, I loved the Heidi movie with Shirley Temple too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah..The Jetsons! It was on TV a short time here, but after the Flintstones and they were abslutely favorite here in the country.
      I cant remember Lost in Space. Maybe it's on Netflix now..

      Delete
  2. Heidi was a beautiful story! I would love to see that again too. I'm not much into science fiction, however, nor do I have any interest in traveling in space. I kind of prefer to keep my feet on solid ground. But if you get to go into space someday, you can write about it and tell us all about it, okay? LOL. This was a fun meme today. Glad you joined in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write about it. But I doubt if I'll ever get higher than jumping or flying in an airplane. LOL!
      I try to keep up with the memes, so have a sense of weekdays. It helps.
      I feel sorry I can't visit as often as I like. Eyesight issues..

      Delete
  3. I loved Heidi as a kid. It was my favorite book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so much nicer than all those "adventures".

      Delete