- 11.00 hours.
There he is! Talking about the worst moment in the house.. He said he has seen a lot worse, even in our seemingly very tidy neighbourhood. Well, we have a pile of good reasons.
He checked upstairs and is very happy with the space we have made. He is small, so it must look bigger. LOL!
He will take off the luxaflex blinds and promised to put them up again. - 11.08
He is hammering already.
Sounds like quite a job. - 11.42
He walks in with a ladder...
Such a nice guy! - 11.51
He brings the small glass down.
Small talk about how they used to fix the glass in the past and the difference with the present.
I used to watch installing new windows at my parents house when I was small. So he has interested public, which makes him enthousiastic about his own job.
His collegues is at the meantime working hard. We can hear him scraping the old stuff away. A burner is used. Must not be healthy to work with it.... - 12.08
He is going up and down a few times with stuff, like a horse blanket and a huge kitpistol! - 12.45
He comes down with a huge smile.
His job is done.
He leaves with the well wishes for my daughter's artificial feeding tube and my foot.
All in all it was an unexpected pleasant experience.
He even gave us the feeling he was caring for our wellbeing.
He worked rather clean, put up the blinds again.
They need some hours of hanging down to straighten again. But who cares?
And a start is made for the huge change in house, the in depth cleaning and getting everything of the kids I don't want to keep out of the house.
Yes!!!!
Thanks Pamela for keeping me calm and in good spirits. LOL!
Photos show nothing special. Except maybe this one:
It shows the thickness of the layers.
Still wet from their work..



Me? I kept you calm and in good spirits? Well, you are very welcome. I am thankful to know that the job is done so quickly and without a lot of fuss and bother, (except for all the stuff you had to do prior to their coming), and that the workers were so thoughtful and congenial and respectful of your home and situation. I take no credit...prayers were answered on your behalf. That's the way God works...He heard my prayers on your behalf and saw your need and took care of it! I know, if everything could be fixed that simply...well...we'll just keep praying. Anyway, I am very happy for you that the job is done and that it is a big relief to you. Maybe you can take a picture of the new view from your new windows! Hey, I even washed my window in my "Room with a View" today so I could see outside better too! Right now I can see two lazy cats napping on the back porch and two lazy geese sleeping standing up in the pond! I just woke up from a nap myself, so it must be the time for napping! Happy for the wonderful report today. One thing down...now on to the next event! "One Day at a Time!" :)
ReplyDeleteFirst those windows need to be cleaned, but I have to wait three days to do that... their request.
DeleteThen the fly screen can be attached again. Which won't be of use at the moment as I won't open the window anyway... allergy!! The pollenseason has started and keeping the window closed is the only way to get a grip on it inside the house.
We also have to find out how to deal with the movable part at the top... I assume some rope needs to be attached. One of the boys has to do it as I can't do it myself... It's too high.
The car has been fixed!!!