The bench








Had a busy weekend.

I removed another lamp from the wall and patched up the spot. The room now looks a lot neater.
But standing on the couch was not very clever. So had a lot more pain in my foot.

And when it was finally quiet yesterday, there was a very loud party going on in the street.
It was very crowded and it sounded like they were dancing on the street.
Must have been a hot party, as it was very cold.
And of course there was no police anywhere near.





Today we got the same news as the weatherman gave to England yesterday:
First a few very cold nights, but at the end of the week maybe even 15 degrees celsius.
For years I wanted a small gardenbench in the front garden.
Now I have problems walking, getting outside, even when wearing a wintercoat, seems to be so nice. But I can't go into the back garden as easy as in the front garden.
So I had a look again in the online second hand market.
A lightweight 2 seater was offered in a town nearby, for free.
I put it on the family app and son2 tried to get in contact.
No success.

In the meantime I put the questions for my cardiologist on paper.
And gave him an overview of my case, family anamnesis and other important subjects, in case he was to write a case study.

I followed the political news, getting more and more worried about the developments in the USA and European safety. A befriended journalist called me to discuss some issues in preparation of an article. He was just as worried.
The situation is more dangerous than during the cold war, mainly due to some people with far too large ego's and too small brains.

Then suddenly the oldest called: if he was welcome at 20.00 hours.
Yep, no problems. Why did he call?

When he arrived he had the gardenbench!!!
Turned out that he knew the people who gave it away.

So now I have a gardenbench, but the night is far too cold to go and sit outside to watch the stars.
I look forward to the end of the week and better weather.



 

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. OH, I can't wait to see your garden bench! Can you take pictures and share them with us when you are able to go outside to sit on it? I am so happy for you to have it! Now when I sit on my garden bench I will think of you hopefully sitting on your garden bench too...nicer days are coming. We will have another cold spell this week as well, and so probably won't be doing much bench sitting here either. But spring is on its way! I am so happy your son was able to do that for you. You are blessed!! I hope this week brings you good reports from your doctors and that your foot will heal more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Yes, isn't i great they managed to fetch the bench. Son1 was lucky it was very lightweight.
      I will try and take some pictures, but it's just a steel/aluminium frame bench.
      Right now it's far too cold. It's freezing!
      People expect to ice-skate tomorrow.

      I'm looking forward to spring.
      The first signals are here: some birds are back.
      Can't wait to have doors and windows open.

      Enjoy your day!

      Delete