Daughter in hospital


One of the twins is dealing with problem for a long time.
There was never a break through, because the medical mob could hang everything on the psycho-hook, so no real research was done.

The other twin started to show the same symptoms as I did when I was younger.
I had a gynaecologist who kept me under close control, trusted my judgement and without any delay it was found out I had a prolactinoma (or more), a hormone producing tumor in the pituitary. Benign, but causing a lot of problems.
So when that daughter showed the same issues I was able to motivate her doctor to do an MRI, and when the results were in: to start medication. Making the choice, not for the newest pills, but for the ones that worked for me.
Within weeks the prolactine went down.

Twin 2 had several other issues too, but it was agreed to stay on the safe side and make an MRI too.
An even larger prolactinoma than her twinsister.
But the ego of the doctor she saw was larger too.
She wanted to wait with treatment. And whatever argument we haded to her, se didn't want to start the treatment.

As there is a national research project going on I contacted the leader of it. It's just an observation study: watching which choices people make and why.
The why of the ego-doctor was presenting itself as: interesting to see what happens when one is treated and the other not.
With good arguments she agreed both girls, young women, would go to te same doc. And as she is there only temporaly... The next appointment is with the right doc.

The same problem with the epilepsy attacks.
A quick MRI during a period in which she was fine...and: nothing the matter. It's psychological.
The neurologist was not in the least interested to look any further, and even though she agreed that there can be epilepsy shown when a repeat MRI is made when she has an attack, she wrote her off.
The result was that she kept having seizures and we were stressed out that she could get them in traffic or when alone and bump her head.
She moved in with a friend, her insurance was informed that she couldn't travel alone anymore and to our surprise she was granted a taxi to doctor's and hospital visits. Wow!!

But the seizures and fainting spells kept on going.
Even when she was well, distracted, very OK.

Today she apped her sister where she was and that she felt dizzy.
She was lying down on a bench in a hall of a public building.
Her sister phoned the desk: "Oh...when people feel tired they do that. We've got no problem with that."
"She is ill. She alarmed us. She needs medical attention."

So my daughter immediately went there and found a nurse and a doctor there. They had already requested an ambulance.
At the ER they still had the same findings: very low bloodpressure, irregular heartbeat.
There were no beds. so we asked for a tranfer to the hospital here, where her own cardiologist is.
But the cardiologist there considered the risk too high.

There a bed was freed and she was admitted to heartcare.

Now we're hoping they're able to make a good diagnosis.

.






.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, when it rains it pours. You are going through a lot of stressful situations. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's illness, but am glad she is finally in the hospital and hopefully getting some appropriate attention to her situation. Please keep us posted. I will be praying for her and for all concerned. And please take care of yourself as well. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Pamela. Her ECG looks better. The nurse said that she might go home soon when the improvement goes on.
      So I told my daughter that either I would go and talk to the doc or she has to ask a few questions.
      The episodes of diziness and fainitng, aswell as the epilesy ate getting worse... so what to expect when she is alone at home or in traffic?
      What do other people need to do?
      As she was told the upper and lower parts of the heart didn't work together she has either a heartmuscle problem or an electrical problem. So what are they going to do to prevent further problems? A pacemaker?

      Again it sounds like they won't look well enough to prevent issues.

      The friend she stayed with the past weeks has said her house was open for her and we won't have her travel alone...

      I'll manage...I always do...I have to...

      Huggsssss

      Delete