
- Remove all ivy and other climbers that you don't want before the birds start nesting.
- Remove all dead branches of the clematis and prune the late flowering ones back to a healthy bud, which can be found at about 30 cm from the base.
- Finish the winter pruning of apple- and other treees.
- Have a critical look at the ornamental grasses. Cut them back, unless fresh shoots are appearing.
- Cut away all dead branches and old leaves from your plants, like the epimediums.
- Weed!
- And remove slugs
- Put compost on the veg beds and fertilizer around roses , etc., sulphate of potash fertilizer around fruit trees.
- Make plant and seed plans.
- have fleece ready to protect plants during frosty nights.
- fleece strawberries to encourage them to start spring-life
- divide plants and plant them
- get your seeds ready and evt prepare an seed in some trays n the windowsill


You are very industrious! Colleen http://looseleafnotes.com Your blog says my blog link is invalid so I posted it here.
ReplyDeleteWow! You sound like an experienced gardener! That was very impressive and informative. I tend to have a brown thumb and my plants have learned they need to pretty much fend for themselves out there. If they can't take care of themselves, then they probably won't survive. My sister got the green thumb in our family, and her whole yard is nothing but flowers and plants! Amazing! I do try to make a valiant effort at keeping the plants watered and pruned as necessary, but beyond that...well...like I said above...it's pretty much sink or swim if you want to survive! I would love to see pictures of your garden sometime! I bet you have a lovely one!!
ReplyDeleteIt is that time, isn't it. I will be glad when it is spring.
ReplyDelete