Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is about a girl who remembers wise advice she received from her mother. Tell us about someone who advised you years ago and to this day you think, "They were right!"
Someone said: "Go you own way, make your own decisions, make your own mistakes, and deal with the consequences yourself."
The advice was given to me when I was still living with my parents. Trying to please everyone and forgetting I am a human being too.
2) She sings about hearing chapel bells. Can you hear church bells ringing from your home?
We used to, but not anymore.
3) This week's featured artists are the Shirelles, a group formed in New Jersey in 1957. They are credited for beginning the girl group genre. Name another popular girl group.
The Supremes.
The Andrew Sisters
To be honest I just listen to music and I don't care much who sings it. So I am bad with remembering names.
4) In 1961, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy appeared on the cover of Ladies Home Journal three times. Is there a printed magazine in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?
Lots of magazines. Not the posh ones with a woman on the cover with expensive clothes and 5 layers of make up.
5) This song was chosen in celebration of Mother's Day. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. Who was your last phone call from?
1) This week's song is about a girl who remembers wise advice she received from her mother. Tell us about someone who advised you years ago and to this day you think, "They were right!"
Someone said: "Go you own way, make your own decisions, make your own mistakes, and deal with the consequences yourself."
The advice was given to me when I was still living with my parents. Trying to please everyone and forgetting I am a human being too.
2) She sings about hearing chapel bells. Can you hear church bells ringing from your home?
We used to, but not anymore.
3) This week's featured artists are the Shirelles, a group formed in New Jersey in 1957. They are credited for beginning the girl group genre. Name another popular girl group.
The Supremes.
The Andrew Sisters
To be honest I just listen to music and I don't care much who sings it. So I am bad with remembering names.
4) In 1961, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy appeared on the cover of Ladies Home Journal three times. Is there a printed magazine in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?
Lots of magazines. Not the posh ones with a woman on the cover with expensive clothes and 5 layers of make up.
5) This song was chosen in celebration of Mother's Day. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. Who was your last phone call from?
From son4
6) Salons see a bump in appointments around Mother's Day every year. Partly because moms want to look good for their day, but also because hair, spa and nail services are a popular Mother's Day gift. When did you most recently go to a salon, and was it for your hair, complexion, or nails?
Me? Going to a salon? I can use my money for better than for that!!
So there is no "most recently", unless 1986 sounds recent.
I cut my own hair, and take care of the rest.
My nails can do everything, digging in the ground, dealing with all sorts of stuff, without me being afraid I might loose one or more of my artificial nails.
All I use is a facial cleaner, and some cream.
All you get is "me". Unpainted.
7) Similarly, restaurants experience a spike in reservations on Mother's Day. Where did you last dine out? Was a reservation required?
I dine out with my veteran friends.
The last one? Don't know...
The best one? At the Club. We always eat, when we are in London, at least once at the Air Force club.
8) The most popular Mother's Day gift is still the greeting card. Where do you card shop: drugstore, bookstore, card shop, etc.?
I have a huge pile at home. When I see a package of cards I like I take it with me and put it on top. It gets mixed in with the rest within a few weeks.
9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds? I like white and milk. But the past months I haven't eaten much chocolate. Some kinds, like Milka, make me feel ill. For those who celebrate it: Happy Mother's Day!!
6) Salons see a bump in appointments around Mother's Day every year. Partly because moms want to look good for their day, but also because hair, spa and nail services are a popular Mother's Day gift. When did you most recently go to a salon, and was it for your hair, complexion, or nails?
Me? Going to a salon? I can use my money for better than for that!!
So there is no "most recently", unless 1986 sounds recent.
I cut my own hair, and take care of the rest.
My nails can do everything, digging in the ground, dealing with all sorts of stuff, without me being afraid I might loose one or more of my artificial nails.
All I use is a facial cleaner, and some cream.
All you get is "me". Unpainted.
7) Similarly, restaurants experience a spike in reservations on Mother's Day. Where did you last dine out? Was a reservation required?
I dine out with my veteran friends.
The last one? Don't know...
The best one? At the Club. We always eat, when we are in London, at least once at the Air Force club.
8) The most popular Mother's Day gift is still the greeting card. Where do you card shop: drugstore, bookstore, card shop, etc.?
I have a huge pile at home. When I see a package of cards I like I take it with me and put it on top. It gets mixed in with the rest within a few weeks.
9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds? I like white and milk. But the past months I haven't eaten much chocolate. Some kinds, like Milka, make me feel ill. For those who celebrate it: Happy Mother's Day!!




If it were up to me I'd choose white chocolate, too.
ReplyDeleteLike you, milk chocolate makes me feel sick. I cannot eat it. I can eat a very little bit of dark chocolate or white chocolate, but only a little. Maybe that's a blessing that it makes me sick. LOL. I also do not do nails, etc., but I would love to have a professional pedicure one of these days. I am getting to the age where I can't cut and care for my own toenails due to shoulder/neck/back issues. I do get my hair cut about ever 6 weeks at a local salon, but that is all. I can't cut it myself again because of neck/shoulder issues. I can barely brush and wash it without pain. I have a few magazines, but mostly Better Homes and Gardens/ Country Living. I don't subscribe to any anymore as they are too full of advertisements and not enough good content. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI guess 1986 is "recent" in the right context. My movie group was discussing how race has been handled in American films and somebody referred to the original Jurassic Park as an example of "today's films." I thought, wow! Because Jurassic Park is 30 years old. I don't think of it is as current at all! So there you go.
ReplyDeleteI like white chocolate also. I almost mentioned it. Loved your answers! Have a Happy Mother's Day! ♥
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I can't eat chocolate when my acid reflux and/or ulcers are acting up. I have found it's better to stay away from it entirely, although I do occasionally indulge.
ReplyDeleteI used to get cards from a cute company that sent them in the mail. "Currents", that the name. Still have some of them.
ReplyDeleteTwo others remembered the Andrews Sisters. Sweet!
I like white chocolate and dark, very dark, chocolate.
I don't got to salons either. I have cut my own and Hub's hair for decades. He just lets it be long now. by preference. My sister cuts her own as well. Enjoy your week, and enjoy the Spring weather and all the flowers!
#5 That reminds me, I have to call my brother.
ReplyDelete#6 “All you get is "me". Unpainted.” Yup, same here. You know it is a fancy function if I put on lipstick.
#7 When I was little and we visited my father at work (he was a state employee) we used to go to the Army Officer’s Club at the state armory. I got a kick of watching them salute him.
#9 If I was good in watching my carbs I allow myself an Andes Chocolate Mint they are only 6 carbs.