Hospital and helicopter


What a day!

Had a meeting with "my " student.
We have a project at our university for medical students in which the student follows someone with a chronical disease.
I have participated before with a student who had no questions and didn't try to get to know me. She didn't learn a lot, I guess.

This student seems to be different. She followed me after a group meeting and asked if I wanted to be 'her' patient. I said 'yes' immediately, without even knowing her. But one way or another it felt right.

Today we talked for the first time. She had good questions, listened well.
She's very nice, and eager to learn.



More and more problems with Mr. J, but he isn't aware of it, or he's aware and experiences increasingg problems to hide his dementia.

I said the hall of the hospital is very large and the toilets are too far away. People from all over the region come to the hospital and when they have to walk such a long way to the toilets.... It's ridiculous!
It's not designed with the patient in the center. The architect has had a complete other vision about things. The toilet is opposite the restaurant. So theree is some logic, but not a patient's logic.
Mr.J had in his mind that I was complaining for myself...too much walking. pain in my knee etc etc.
So I said it was not about me, but about architecture and forgetting the patient.

Later in the evening he started again. It was better not to leave to go to the shop tomorrow as I had problems walking in the hospital...bla..bla...bla.  So I said that I had no problem with it, but I had problems with the design of the spacee and the location of the toilets... He started to blame me for memory problems. I was forgetful. I didn't know what I had been saying. Maybe it was time to record conversations.

Suddenly I realized that growing old means he is becoming more and more a caricature of his selfish unkind person. And to me it means being verbally abused more and more.
I don't want that!!

I have stayed here because of the children. They're old enough now.
Can't find a place to live. There is such a housing shortage that people who lost their house to a fire a few months ago won't be put on the urgency list.... nor would I.




I heard a strange noise. Thought the laundry machine was the cause.
No!
It was a policehelicopter.
Asked my son the journalist what was going on.
Turned out they tried to arrest someone with the special squad.

Well it was kind of creepy.


.


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment