*** The Weather ***
Instable weather this and the coming week.
Yesterday we had rain, today it looks a bit better now, but rain is expected.
Tomorrow it will be an unexpected expected 28 degrees!!!! A fitting goodbye to the hottest summer ever!
And after that rain...
Yesterday we had rain, today it looks a bit better now, but rain is expected.
Tomorrow it will be an unexpected expected 28 degrees!!!! A fitting goodbye to the hottest summer ever!
And after that rain...
*** Right now I am ***
Waiting for son2 to turn up, or not. After he said sorry for not contacting me this weekend.
He even offered to take me to the campsite tomorrow (oh, that one feels uneasy!!), but I have to be here as my daughter has surgery. I first have to see how she deals with it.
Update:
He turned up, hours late, and offered to fetch us from the hospital and take me with him to the camp.
So something must be not OK with his girlfriend, otherwise he had no time of his own.
He even offered to take me to the campsite tomorrow (oh, that one feels uneasy!!), but I have to be here as my daughter has surgery. I first have to see how she deals with it.
Update:
He turned up, hours late, and offered to fetch us from the hospital and take me with him to the camp.
So something must be not OK with his girlfriend, otherwise he had no time of his own.
*** Thinking and pondering ***
Didn't have much time to think and pondering.
I was quite upset the past days about the way people deal with others.
Such a fast difference between the town I stayed in in england and here.
There are more elderly people there, so I am fitting in.. one of the youngest ones. LOL!
Here I seem just to be a bother, slowly slipping to the side of society.
If I didn't teach anymore and work with the veterans, I would see and hear no one, except the daughter who lives here, about half an hour each day.
The neighbourhood I live in has become a noisy place with people who just aren't aware that others might not like their music, or their rows.
I don't feel at home here anymore. Moving is not an option because of the housing shortage. I pay a lot of rent, but when living in a smaller house I will have to pay even more. Will probably end up in an apartment overseeing a parking lot and concrete, feeling unsafe after all the fires that killed elderly people because they couldn't walk all the stairs...
I was quite upset the past days about the way people deal with others.
Such a fast difference between the town I stayed in in england and here.
There are more elderly people there, so I am fitting in.. one of the youngest ones. LOL!
Here I seem just to be a bother, slowly slipping to the side of society.
If I didn't teach anymore and work with the veterans, I would see and hear no one, except the daughter who lives here, about half an hour each day.
The neighbourhood I live in has become a noisy place with people who just aren't aware that others might not like their music, or their rows.
I don't feel at home here anymore. Moving is not an option because of the housing shortage. I pay a lot of rent, but when living in a smaller house I will have to pay even more. Will probably end up in an apartment overseeing a parking lot and concrete, feeling unsafe after all the fires that killed elderly people because they couldn't walk all the stairs...
*** How I am feeling ***
A bit stressed.
Had an emailexchange with my cardiologist about my medication.
He wants me to take something I don't want.
I have no formal result from the heart ultrasound yet. He started reviewing the imagery. That part was good. But then everything went blank. Not even an EF mentioned.
When we were emailing I said that when he needed an appoinment with "appropriate urgency" he could plan this in the last week of september, expecting him to tell me to call the secretary, as a cardiologist here almost never plans someone in. But he did.
My hand is still not OK. Like my ankle it hurts more at the stage of healing that should hurt less, and the fingers have become stiff, even though I do the excercises regularly as being instructed. (Like with my ankle). So I have a strange healing proces.
One of the fingers "clicks" so it might need surgery again.
As long as I can deal with it I am OK. But when travelling with a lot of luggage it impairs my movements... a lot!
So I am longing to go to the camp and join the rest, I am also seeing a lot of issues arising... and a lot of painkillers being swallowed.
He wants me to take something I don't want.
I have no formal result from the heart ultrasound yet. He started reviewing the imagery. That part was good. But then everything went blank. Not even an EF mentioned.
When we were emailing I said that when he needed an appoinment with "appropriate urgency" he could plan this in the last week of september, expecting him to tell me to call the secretary, as a cardiologist here almost never plans someone in. But he did.
My hand is still not OK. Like my ankle it hurts more at the stage of healing that should hurt less, and the fingers have become stiff, even though I do the excercises regularly as being instructed. (Like with my ankle). So I have a strange healing proces.
One of the fingers "clicks" so it might need surgery again.
As long as I can deal with it I am OK. But when travelling with a lot of luggage it impairs my movements... a lot!
So I am longing to go to the camp and join the rest, I am also seeing a lot of issues arising... and a lot of painkillers being swallowed.
*** looking back***
I did this a lot the past days, looking back.
Seeing how I always put myself aside to assist others.
A husband who didn't cre one little bit for my feelings.
Now they just don't care how I am doing.
Yep, they're well trained!
The image on top made me look back too.
I have preserved a lot of food in the past.
Especially my gram and I did a lot. Green beans, fruit, etc etc.
We always had a great time, with lots of chatter when preparing the food, and a lot of wiping our foreheads in the kitchen, where we first cleaned and heated the pots, then cooked the food, and poured it tremendously hot in the pots.
Then put the lids and clamps on the pots and put them upside down to cool.
The morning after I would put everything on shelves in the cellar.
At home we had a door in the kitchen that always caught the wind, so it was not as hot there.
My task was always to bring the pots downstairs.
At the farm of friends we went through the same process as at my grams.
Only with a lot more vegs and fruits.
We worked in series of 30 pots.
Did several series a day.
The men would bring them to the large cellar.
And we kept a few for the seperate kitchen cellar.
When I went home I had red or purple hands...
Seeing how I always put myself aside to assist others.
A husband who didn't cre one little bit for my feelings.
Now they just don't care how I am doing.
Yep, they're well trained!
The image on top made me look back too.
I have preserved a lot of food in the past.
Especially my gram and I did a lot. Green beans, fruit, etc etc.
We always had a great time, with lots of chatter when preparing the food, and a lot of wiping our foreheads in the kitchen, where we first cleaned and heated the pots, then cooked the food, and poured it tremendously hot in the pots.
Then put the lids and clamps on the pots and put them upside down to cool.
The morning after I would put everything on shelves in the cellar.
At home we had a door in the kitchen that always caught the wind, so it was not as hot there.
My task was always to bring the pots downstairs.
At the farm of friends we went through the same process as at my grams.
Only with a lot more vegs and fruits.
We worked in series of 30 pots.
Did several series a day.
The men would bring them to the large cellar.
And we kept a few for the seperate kitchen cellar.
When I went home I had red or purple hands...
*** On the breakfast plate ***
I know the dietician wants me to eat breakfast, but I don't want to mess up my sugarlevel that early as I will be dealing with the consequences all day.
*** on the lunch plate ***
My usual toasted slice of bread with grilled cheese. And as there is still a slice of ham.... Ham-cheese.
And a coffee...
And a coffee...
*** On the dinner plate ***
Don't know yet.
Probably a salad.
But I would love to have a wrap or a poké bowl.
Probably a salad.
But I would love to have a wrap or a poké bowl.
*** On the menu ***
There is enough for a few salads.
*** What I am wearing ***
leegings and a sweater...and flipflops.
*** On my reading pile ***
Quite a lot of books, but I have hardly any time to read more than some scientific article, to keep updated.
*** On my TV this week ***
In Aller Freundschaft, Flying Doctors, Dr. Quinn and Fame.
But except for German TV, all the times have changed.
But except for German TV, all the times have changed.
*** Looking around the house ***
I still can't vaccuum myself...
Hopefully the gnomes will come tonight and vacuum!
It's necessary...
It's necessary...
*** To-do list for today***
- Keep calm
- Have some rest or some relaxation time to get the bloodpressure down.
- Water the plants
- Watch the weather to get the almost dry laundry inside when it starts to rain. Done that!
- Tidy.
- Fetch my stuff for tomorrow
- Fetch my stuff for the camp in case I can go. With this weather I won't take my WW2 uniform, but I might take a dress.. and have a look which shoes.....
*** In the craft basket ***
Lots of yarn, a couple of miniature kits.
And a very tiny kit for autumn.
*** From the camera ***
Made just a few photos with my phone. Still no camera... That's also a reason I am not very motivated to travel with heavy luggage to a camp to sleep on the floor... It has always been one of my main photo times.
My photoblogs
My photoblogs
*** Spiritual ***
The past weeks have shown me that I need to refuel too and not only fuel others.
It also has shown me that my place is not here.
I knew that.
Time to feel better at home with myself...
It also has shown me that my place is not here.
I knew that.
Time to feel better at home with myself...


Hope daughter's surgery went well. Glad your son could pick you up. Enjoy your week
ReplyDeleteThanks. It went well. But there were complications.
DeletePopped over to your photo blog, enjoyed seeing your photos. Hope you are feeling a bit less stressed today and have a great rest of your week.
ReplyDelete