Saturday 9 - Skipping partly.

 



For the first time I will skip part of Saturday 9.
I have always been a bit of an outsider, when I took part in the past, with another blog, and now.

And on the fourth of july it's even more America than ever.

So here are the answers to the more neutral/international questions.



  1. Were you ever a Scout?

    No. Being "on ballet" made that impossible, because the meetings were on the same time and the daytrips too.

  2. .

  3. If we made a movie of your life, who should play you?

    I've had that question before and I still don't know.
    I think that playing my life would be a tremendous burden, interesting, but a burden. Too many things happening, too much different emotions. The cost of a movie would be enormous as too many people need to be involved.

  4. Are you dealing with any aches or pains today?

    I am always in pain

  5. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?

    Not very careful as I am not often in the full sun.
    When in England, I most often forget, so JJ brings it for me, and when he brings it I will use it. So that works.
    When here I often take it with me to camps, and it stays in the tent... Just once I didn't forget.

    And yes: I get burned. I am a redhead! 

  6. .

  7. Have you been to the ER or Urgent Care during 2026?

    No, should I? It means something is either broken or otherwise very serious.

  8. Will hot dogs be consumed in your household this weekend?

    No, of course not!
    Hot dogs present a dual threat for diabetes management. While the processed meat itself has low carbohydrates and won't cause immediate blood sugar spikes, the preservatives (nitrates/nitrites) and saturated fats increase insulin resistance. Furthermore, the bun and sugary condiments can spike blood glucose levels rapidly.
    On top of it: the ones they have here (not called hot dogs) are not my taste.

I hear T. say "We are the free-est people."
I don't think that in a country where the president only respects and/or tolerates those who say what he wants to hear real freedom reigns.
I don't think that in a country where the original population has been pushed aside (that is a too kind expression) means that those people are free..
I don't think that in a country where information doesn't reach everyone, where not all opinions find a place and some might even lead to severe consequences people are truly free.
I don't think that people who feel they are born in the wrong body, and people who fall in love with someone of the same gender are sued, thrown out of their jobs, refused their well earned place, after serving many years, in the military etc etc etc... I don't believe they are free.
"The most righteous and enduring constitution"... which throws people in jail when they are not fitting the description of a true american and deports people who want to live there by force, even when they are children and will be separed from their families.

I am feeling very uneasy about the fact that my country (The Netherlands/The Dutch) played such an important role in the creation of independence of the USA. I think they made the wrong choices, but they were the choices of that time.

Choices made by immigrants.
And that independent state was founded, not by the original population, but by immigrants.

I am feeling and knowing that there are quite some countries where the people are more free and where the constitution, the president/prime-minister or whatever the head of state is called, respect and stand up for the rights of each and every individual.

It was interesting to see this this morning. Makes one think.
That would be impossible in my country and in many countries I know.




Have a nice time with family and friends,
and respect those who are different from you!




.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments: