Theme of the Week:
Social Media
- Which social media do you use?
Blog, and once in while when I can get on it: facebook.
I have what's app on my phone. - Have you observed any changes in your social media use the past year?
Yes, I use fb less and less. Login doesn't always work and after my former account became inaccessible I moved and not all people I communicated with went with me. Think they thought it was a scam or something. So I lost best online friends...
Life offline takes a lot more attention too. - Are there positive aspects to social media use?
Friendships all over the world, at all times.
And you can learn things you would never get in contact with. - What are negative consequences of social media use?
It takes a lot of time.
And there is a lot of nonsense, abuse and negativity.
I have seen things I didn't need to see. - What do you think about the theme: age and social media use?
I think for the elderly it is a nice way to stay in contact with people.
For the young: they'd better play. New research has shown that young people experience less depression when they are less at social media.
My experience is that my students are less verbal than 10 years ago. Their vocabulary is a lot less. - What would you like to change on social media?
All those bots.
The fact that you can never really delete things.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment