Thursday 6 - Week 12 - Be a binfluencer


Thursday 6

What do you do with your rubbish, waste, old stuff?
Name (at least) 6 ways of disposing of your stuff.


  1. Each house has different bins: paper, green waste, and bags: plastic and other waste.

  2. At the shops we have large bins for glass and old clothes, and at times there is a car for chemical waste.

  3. At different shops we can leave our electric stuff, and when machines, like a laundry machine are delivered at the house they take the old one with them, as goes for some kinds of furniture by some shops. 

  4. Some shops collect good clothes, to sell again at a regular shop. We also have second hand clothes shops.

  5. And we can bring our stuff to the dump. (Wich is an issue as I don't have a car. So once a year we can ask the truck to come and collect a bit: 2m3. (additional stuff, or an extra collect costs 36 euro per 2m3.)

  6. We have online "give-away-groups", which are great for giving away good stuff or getting something. I once got a wonderful buddha statue that way, gave away glasses, managed to give a friend the flower pots she needed, gave away old magazines, collected a few items for a collection, etc.

What I do too before running to the bins or shops:

  1. Throw green waste that benefits the birds, like apples, and what benefits the garden: sliced banana, orange peels, in the garden. The rest which can be composted in my own compostbin.

  2. I never put books in the paperbin, but I bring it to the booktree (my favorite near the GP) or some other mini-library. I am considering putting a mini-library in my garden as I have so many books.

  3. I wear my clothes until they are not wearable anymore. But the girls exchange their clothes within a group of friends. They have a massive exchange at least 4 times a year. (wallets closed)

  4. I use plastic bottles in the garden. Some I fill with other waste plastic, so they get very heavy and can be used as a kind of building blocks. Made a table from them. Others are tagettted with scissors and are used as small plant containers, either hanging from the fence and trees or laying somewhere or standing somewhere.

  5. I never throw waste of my hobbystuff away. The wooden frames, left over bits are always useful for another miniature house.
    I am always aware that little stuff can be re-used. Earbits from those small headphones are good lamps and showers in the miniature houses.

  6. I am very good in seeing new use in items. If I had more space I would perk up things and sell them.


    And I do a lot more. But I can't re-use my time. LOL!









.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Comments:

  1. You certainly do have a lot of creative and interesting ways to take care of refuse and recyclable items.Here where we live we have weekly garbage pickup on our street. We put the cans of garbage out on the curb over night, and they come and pick it up early in the morning. They used to also pick up the recyclables, but they stopped doing that, so now we have to do that on our own and take them to the dump. As far as clothes and other usuable items that we no longer need or can use, we have a lot of different thrift stores in the area that will take used clothes and items. Our church has a thrift store, and so we take our used clothes that are still in good condition and donate them to them. Also, things like dishes and other household goods we donate there. The money earned is used to help people in our community. They often give the items to people who are needy, or who have had a house fire or some other crisis in their lives. Also, items that are beyond use but too big for our garbage trucks to haul away we will get someone with a truck (our son has a pick up truck) to take them to the dump. However, furnishings that may still be usable can also be put on the curb, and people will just come and take them, especially used appliances, even if they don't work. People will take them for the scrap metal. However, if they are not picked up in 24 hours, then we have to get them to the dump somehow.
    Used books that are still in good condition I donate to our public library. They have a book sale every year to raise funds to buy more books.
    Those are the main things I do. I also try to repurpose things that are functional in some way. That can be fun to get creative about.

    ReplyDelete