Going home

It was strange leaving again. I'd rather stayed ....

Son2 walked with us to St. Pancras. He would be leaving the next day.

We were early, which was not a problem.

Had to wait at the assistance desk. Someone else got support faster than we, but soon we knew why.

The boss herself gave me the wheelchair and drove me.

Last time they had forgotten me and I warned one of the employees. She was the only one who was free at the moment and she ran with me to the train. I was just in time! If I had said nothing I would have missed the train.

Now she wanted to give me proper assistance without stress.

At border control w had to wait a moment after my passport was checked. I asked the man if he was tired, and I got the brightest smile of the day. "Yes".
We had a short talk and I was parked in front of the second border control.
One of the lady employees was standing beside me and started talking. Asking me how I was doing and why I was in a wheelchair. I told her about my ankles and back, that I can walk, but won't manage the whole trip home without limiting the walking. She asked if I am a christian. I told her I am a buddhist. "Well, God will care for you anyway, he provides miracles." I told her I already had my miracle, as it was found this year that I have a very serious back issue and none understands how I have been dealing with that all my life. We talked some more, until my friendly boss-assistant came back.

I was parked in the special area, with the girls with me.
One of them fetched me my last Prett bread. LOL!

This time I was the first to arrive at the platform.
Before going into the train I thanked her and gave her a hug. She has been so very kind for me. And I valued the fact that she supported me even though her job is a very busy one.

In the train we couldn't see outside.
But on the other side of the path there was a young woman with a baby. We talked a bit and of course admired the baby. She did all she could to keep him silent and happy. With success! What a lovely smile he had!!!

I was happy it was not too busy in the train.
But behind us was a woman who kept on humming. She was south african.
When the people at the other side of the path left the train in Brussels, I moved to their seats. That was a relief.
It also gave me some space to put my dutch traincard in my coat-pocket.

At Rotterdam someone was waiting to assist us.
He took our suitcases and when it turned out we were just two minutes in time to catch a train home he put the suitcases in the other train.
Imagine that I couldn't walk. No wheelchair anywhere. What a difference with england.

But we caught the train and were very happy.
Even though there was only a small seat available.
The friend of one of my daughters had to stand, while the girl opposite me occupied two chairs and ignored us completely.

When she left I thanked her for her kindness.
I could hear from her breathing that she understood me well.

When finally at home I had a lot of pain... but the trip was well worth it.


A few photos here.
.

About *Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment