Winchester

G. asked if I would like to go shopping with her in Winchester.
Of course!
When we entered the bus my card wouldn't work. Ugh.
They still have a system that one can buy two cards, so G bought mine too.
During the busride the rain came down with bucket-loads!
When we stopped in Winchester the rain stopped too.
We decided to go to Winchester Cathedral.
I really enjoyed watching around.
Not only the special exhibitions, but also the architecture and the glass in lead windows.
So many special things there!
When we finally left it turned out to have rained a lot.
But we found the Catheral shop without a problem.
Had a look around, bought nothing, as I couldn't take mugs and other lovely stuff with me in the airplane.
We decided to get lunch in town, but when we left the shop it was raining.. a...LOT!!!
So we ran to the restaurant there.
Had a terrific lunch!
We did some minor shopping and had a long wait for the bus.
With a nice talk to my neighbour on the bench. :)
When we arrived at our busstation it rained again.
I invited G over for a drink (as the hotel was more near than her house.)
Had a nice drink.
That was a very nice day. regardless of the rain.
In the evening we had dinner in the hotel.
Of course!
When we entered the bus my card wouldn't work. Ugh.
They still have a system that one can buy two cards, so G bought mine too.
During the busride the rain came down with bucket-loads!
When we stopped in Winchester the rain stopped too.
We decided to go to Winchester Cathedral.
I really enjoyed watching around.
Not only the special exhibitions, but also the architecture and the glass in lead windows.
So many special things there!
When we finally left it turned out to have rained a lot.
But we found the Catheral shop without a problem.
Had a look around, bought nothing, as I couldn't take mugs and other lovely stuff with me in the airplane.
We decided to get lunch in town, but when we left the shop it was raining.. a...LOT!!!
So we ran to the restaurant there.
Had a terrific lunch!
We did some minor shopping and had a long wait for the bus.
With a nice talk to my neighbour on the bench. :)
When we arrived at our busstation it rained again.
I invited G over for a drink (as the hotel was more near than her house.)
Had a nice drink.
That was a very nice day. regardless of the rain.
In the evening we had dinner in the hotel.
Photos? Look here
.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment