Ready for Market Garden

 


Been very busy getting things ready for Market Garden.
It's a week full of commemorative events.
During WW2 the allied forces tried to create a corridor through The Netherlands to Germany, to reach finally Berlin.
There were huge fights around Arnhem from 17 to 25 september 1944.
The operation failed. Watch "A bridge too far"
But the people in The Netherlands knew other countries cared... It gave hope.
And for that we are forever grateful.

This week the paras will jump at historical grounds.

I will assist by giving information to the public and keep them from the dropzones.
And I will spend time with the veterans of  "our"  veterans group.

There will be a 102 year old ww2 veteran visiting us, like he did a couple of years ago.
We will jump on the field where he jumped.

I will wear the WAAF uniform.
But probably not on saturday, at the site of the mass droppings (The Ginkel Heath) as it will be far too hot.

If you want to know more: search for Operation Market and Operation Garden.

I will be back next sundat or monday.

.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment