No back surgery!! Yeay!!

 

So finally we had our talk about my back issues.
We arrived very early at the hospital, which was fine.

One of my former students saw my name appearing on the arrivals, so she fetched me Which was nice.

The professor was in a good mood.

The very dynamic, funny and rather straightforward conversation resulted in "No surgery yet."/

We discussed the radiologists findings, had another look at the MRI, agreed that there was a very complex array of issues, and again assessed the problems I am experiencing.
Considering I can deal with the pain, have the problems all my life (so it most probably is congenital), and the fact that I still can walk, and kwnowing that dealing with one issue might have an unknown result both at the lower and higher level, inluding the usual surgery risk for such invasive operations like these we both agreed that we'd better not interfere with what is happening in my back.

Check up after 2 years, or when I experiencemore pain or useless leg, which might happenas there is a nerve at risk.
The posture problems people tried to correct all my life (and never succeeded) might have been dealth with in the right way intuitively.
So no corrections in that area.

All in all it means I have to deal with the same problems as before: pain, no heavy lifting, posture problems, not being able to stand as long as other people, but I still can move around.

Yeay!!


.

About **Syl

Syl: "Life is a chain of challenges. Sometimes the largest challenges are we ourselves. Facing life, facing others and facing yourself requires either a worryless attitude or plain courage. Most of the time it is dealing with judgement. Maybe life is about getting rid of it."
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Comments:

  1. Sounds good as long as you are not in terrible pain and can manage it okay. But yes, if the nerves to your legs are pinched (sciatic nerve) you may end up with no feeling in your legs, so you definitely don't want that to happen. We'll pray it doesn't. This is one of those one day at a time, one step at a time issues again! Take care, my friend, and I hope you can continue to maintain as before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might happen, as the nerve looks trapped, but it isn't. Being aware of the risk makes a difference and either the prof or my surgeon will deal with it.

      Delete