The past months I have had two MRI's.
One heart stress test and one for my back.
I needed to remove my glucose sensors.
Glucose sensors are used for automatic glucose readings, so without each time pricking the finger.
Using them enables me to keep a close watch on my glucose levels and adjust the insulin more accurate and more often. There is also a warning system on them, so I will be woken up and/or alerted when I get a hypo. That helps a lot, because I can't feel a hypo. which is dangerous. Now I can adjust my glucose level and thus prevent real physical problems.
They work 14 days and are very expensive.
So I asked the health insurance if they will pay for replacements.
The health insurance told me to go to the firm who delivers them.
(Strangely the woman in the chat asked me a question and without waiting closed the conversation.....)
So I phoned the firm who delivers them...
Had to wait 15 minutes.
Got a woman who was talking far too loud and who didn't listen properly.
She was hugely impolite.
I think as a customer I should be the one to meet a nice and patient telephonist... (Being a former telephonist myself ....)
She referred me to the manufacturer.
When I wanted to explain my question she was rude again.
I thanked her and wanted to end the call.
Then maybe realized she was acting wrong and asked me if I knew the phone number. I said I knew how to find it. Thank you very much.
Then she started to explain where to find it... (on the box of the sensor). She kept on talking far too loud...and I thanked her and ended the call.
Found she had called my answering machine, which says in two languages that it doesn't function well, so I can't hear the message. Which makes clear that woman has a need to tell other people all sorts of things and that she doesn't listen.
So I mailed the manufacturer.
The service desk wants people to call, but I mailed.
They will have time to think, inform the insurance etc etc.
Waiting for a reply.
The manufacturer replied very fast.
Of course removing the sensor is part of the medical procedure, and it doesn't fall under the warranty.
They asked me for the numbers of the sensors and they wanted me to call to see if they could help me.
Ofcourse I don't have the numbers anymore.
I didn't even think about keeping the numbers.
So I mailed back that I won't call,because I agree with them that it's part of the medical procedure.
Said I would contact the health insurance again.
Asked if they would put the matter before a national advisory board on insurance issues.
Tried to mail the insurance..
Not possible.
So I'll submit a complaint.

Of course removing the sensor is part of the medical procedure, and it doesn't fall under the warranty.
They asked me for the numbers of the sensors and they wanted me to call to see if they could help me.
Ofcourse I don't have the numbers anymore.
I didn't even think about keeping the numbers.
So I mailed back that I won't call,because I agree with them that it's part of the medical procedure.
Said I would contact the health insurance again.
Asked if they would put the matter before a national advisory board on insurance issues.
Tried to mail the insurance..
Not possible.
So I'll submit a complaint.

Wednesday:
Wrote a letter to ask for permission to get 2 extra sensors at the cost of the insurance.
Can't print or post it at the moment.
So searched the website again.
Found a few omissions... among them: where to ask for that permission.(!!!!!!)
If they would pay be for the hours invested I could pay for the sensors myself. LOL!
Mentioned going to one of the consumers programs on TV.
Finally got a link for an online application.
Feels like a robot will deny permission...
Got the idea that the hospital should give new sensors as part of the procedure... Problem solved!!!
Will send them the suggestion...
To send in the application I need a special code number of the delivery firm...
Wrote a letter to ask for permission to get 2 extra sensors at the cost of the insurance.
Can't print or post it at the moment.
So searched the website again.
Found a few omissions... among them: where to ask for that permission.(!!!!!!)
If they would pay be for the hours invested I could pay for the sensors myself. LOL!
Mentioned going to one of the consumers programs on TV.
Finally got a link for an online application.
Feels like a robot will deny permission...
Got the idea that the hospital should give new sensors as part of the procedure... Problem solved!!!
Will send them the suggestion...
To send in the application I need a special code number of the delivery firm...


Oh my, dealing with "customer service" people is rarely ever a pleasant experience. I'm not sure if they understand what "customer SERVICE" really means. I am sorry you had to go to so many different places to try and get help and still didn't get any real response that was helpful. I hope the company will be more responsive to your letter. I hope there will be some assistance for you financially so you can continue this program of help. Yes, please keep us posted.
ReplyDelete